TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I have the 95 Cougar. I double checked the title and matched the vin to make sure i'm not having a flashback.
While looking up car parts today, I ran across a bunch of pictures that showed the front end of a 95 Cougar, and it doesn't look like my car. It's has a bigger grill and has a relativley flat hood. I have a rounder grill and contoured hood.
Google can't be trusted, they were showing me pics of everything from the 60's and up during my searh. Can someone please fill me in.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,518 Posts
Sounds like your 95 Cougar has a 96-97 front clip swapped on it then. 95s have the big split grille/flat hood like the 94. I'd look very closely at the radiator support and inner crash bumper to verify if it was swapped due to a crash.

Of course, this is assuming you know your car by it's registered year, not just what the door tag says, if the door tag says September or later 1995 it's a 96 model year.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Matt, I checked the door tag, VINand title, just now. The door tag has a build date 10/95. I just called the county clerk, who is part of our church family, and she ran the vin. The title was lost in 2003 and a new title was issued, prior to that it was registered as a 1996 model year. So she filed a change of title for me. What a weird discovery this was.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,518 Posts
Thanks Matt, I checked the door tag, VINand title, just now. The door tag has a build date 10/95. I just called the county clerk, who is part of our church family, and she ran the vin. The title was lost in 2003 and a new title was issued, prior to that it was registered as a 1996 model year. So she filed a change of title for me. What a weird discovery this was.
That solves it, 10/95 would definitely be an early 96

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, but now I have a whole new issue. I like the flat hood / Header panel better. But from what I understand the entire front clip can be swapped from any 89-97 to another as long as you have all the bits.
OHHHH....that 93 Tbird header panel with the hood scoops looks mighty tasty..........Hmmm......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts