TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 8 Autolite Platinum plugs Part #AP764 for my 'Bird... Someone told me this...

"I guess I should tell you...
The 4.6L engines have inverted electrodes on each bank, so they should use double platinum plugs, not just platinum plugs."

Can I use these plugs still? Will I have problems? These plugs that I bought were the ones that came up on the computer at Advanced Autoparts.... Help! I wanted to get these changed out tonight, but now I dunno if these plugs will work...

·
Registered
348 Posts
You can use those plugs with no problem. I ran that plug in my 96 bird and they worked fine. You can also use copper plugs with no problem. The oem plugs were double platinum for longevity, not performance.

Your friend is making up terms as well. I've never heard of inverted electrodes before. Sounds like burnt blinker fluid to me lol:uppoint:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha! Alright, thanks. I was going to say that I just got back from installing them and they work perfectly fine. Actually, I think they fixed my overall problem. I had a CEL on and I thought it was my O2 sensors... I replaced my plugs, reset my EEC and so far, so good... BUT, I've only driven it about 4 miles, so it's still got plenty of time for the CEL to throw a code. :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts