TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to pull the Cougars dash; starting on the t45 swap. For preventative maintenance I'm going to replace the heater core and ground it while the dash is out.

I found what seems to look like a leak on a pipe nipple at the back of my intake manifold. Do you think this is a time bomb waiting to blow, or does it look okay? I have heard stories of connections flying out of the manifold. It seems dry and I have no leaks on the car, but it looks there is some old dried out coolant under the hose clamp.

PI intake is in the plans but I don't want anything else to do when the car is torn apart for the swap.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,528 Posts
Yup, that is a manifold leak.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's strange it's not leaking now, the dry coolant is a give away that is has at some point in the past. I just happened to notice it the other day. Was hoping that maybe a lose clamp but I doubt it. Adding PI intake to the list. I have the system drained already so maybe I'll get started on that sooner than later

Probably going to start a quick build thread for my Cougar to keep track of everything.

Also big thanks to you Mike.... Your posts and threads going back years have been extremely helpful with the manual swap info. I doubt I would even be attempting this without all the information on this forum.

·
Super Moderator
7,528 Posts
No problem. If you have any questions in the process, let me know. I’m always glad to see another 5-speed MN12 created!

·
Registered
284 Posts
man I would love to make mine a 5 speed but I don't know where to find the pedals to set it up. plus not sure if the e break pedal needs to be moved or not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts