TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to go to an exhaust shop. I am planning on having them install a pair of magnaflows where my stock mufflers are now. It will change the sound of the exhaust, even though it is still the stock pipe setup, correct? I don't want to waste $175 if it wont even change the sound... I am looking for louder, but I want deeper sound more than anything. Guess I am just looking to see how much louder it will be stock exhaust, just new mufflers.

·
Registered
694 Posts
If its just replacing the stock muffler position, you will get a slightly louder/deeper sound then stock... nothing aggressive... pretty mellow sound. I had Flowmaster 40's where my mufflers were at... all stock beyond that... wasn't loud enough for me at all... was disappointed... true duals and a mid-mounted muffler made it better. Its all about your preference though... i like a more aggressive resonance, but not annoying.

·
Registered
974 Posts
The magnaflow's will make the exhaust louder. However i would wait and save up some more money for the rest of the exhaust system. Using the mufflers in the stock location (rear) in my opinion tone's the sound of the exhaust down quite a bit. It makes the car almost sound like it's choking. What i would do is save up to get a true dual exhaust 2.25" or 2.5 (cut 3rd cat and resonator off) then run either a DI/DO magnaflow with a x-pipe built into it (mid-mounted) or i would use just a regular universal x-pipe and run Dynomax Bullet's (what i run) or SLP LoudMouth II's or something similar in size right after the x-pipe. That way when you run midmounted mufflers you can increase the size of the pipes after the gas tank to something like 3 in. pipe or atleast run 3 in. tips or something similar, so you get the echo effect.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately, I am in California where the smog nazi's run rampant. I thought you had to get a fuel cell for true duals?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
you can do true duals witht the gas tank theres alot of bends...or you can do a 3" single split at rear to dual mufflers that works as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts