TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We here in Kentucky don't have emissions :D so I have never had to get a check, but when you get the check done if you have a cel due to egr delete, couldn't you just take the light out and they will never know? Also, could you keep a stock exhaust and put it on only when emissions are due?

Just wondered about how to get around, because who knows when some terd politician will force it on us?

·
Registered
956 Posts
When we did have e-check here in Kentucky, they just ran some sort of sensor around the tailpipe and under the hood. They didn't look at the exhaust. They didn't look for a CEL. They just wanted their $20. I had an '87 Cutlass with the cat removed and passed.

·
5,650 Posts
If you pull the OBDII fuse, there will be no power to the DLC connector, and they won't be able to scan. That, in CA, would be grounds for failing the test. I don't know about other states.

If the tune disables the rear oxygen sensors, then all codes pertaining to the rear oxygen sensors will no longer show up, and the catalyst efficiency monitor will be disabled so that those codes won't show up either. There also won't be code P1000 because that test hasn't completed. Smog inspections that involve scanning the computer will not detect this.

·
Registered
30 Posts
here in illinois pre obdII cars are put on a dyno and they attach a tube to the exhaust. they bring the car up to like 60 and go up and down etc to get a reading of the exhaust emissions that the car is emitting. OBDII cars just get plugged into the scanner and if no codes are present you'll pass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts