TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent about 4hrs changing out front and rear shocks. The fronts I put the Quick (struts) shocks and the rears sensatracs. Got a good price off of RockAuto and impressively fast shipping! I did read good reviews on quality of ride of the Monroe's and I agree! My car feels and handles great again....however the fronts were not as easy as just unbolting and bolting back in. Couldn't get the suspension to lower enough to clear the lower shock mount to the shock. But after some heavy prying finally got it done. Still have a clunk coming from the front and it's kicking my butt trying to find where the noise is coming from. Anyways Happy Thanksgiving everyone and GodBless the US military!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Did you check the strut rod bushings, tie rod ends, proper torque on the K member, ball joints(upper and lower) or sway arm endlinks? All can be sources of clunks

·
Registered
404 Posts
Make sure the lower bolts on the struts are good. Also, make sure you have the weight of the vehicle on the strut before you torque it down. I have these on one of my birds and love em. By the way check the rear sway bar links, I had a bad one once and I could swear the noise was coming from the front end. Replaced it and no more noise.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
You really can't beat Quickstruts. They are the ultimate shortcut and the componets are great as well.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
You really can't beat Quickstruts. They are the ultimate shortcut and the componets are great as well.
One of the first mods I did to my car. Made it possible to do it at home with only a handful of tools. Used them for years and they served well. If you want a comparable OEM part that is really it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts