TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the t-45 is mated to the 4.6.Now is there a bell housing that will bolt to the 4.6 but using the t-5?You know like in the 86-93 5.0 Mustangs?Well,actualy they were used in alot more applications then that but I am just giving you the idea.
Thanks in advance,
Chris

·
Registered
72 Posts
There might be an aftermarket one that will bolt up. But the front of a t-45 is the bellhousing but also its the front of the case with the bearings in it.
so you cant just swap bell housings.
they make a t-56 bellhousing for 4.6 mustangs. i dunno if that will work for a t-5 tho.
why use a T-5 anyways?
t-45 is the same as far as i know.
works well enough on gts and cobras.
Im gonna use a t-56 after i get my 99 GT motor tho. I dont wanna deal with 5 speeds when i can have 6 :)
More is better right?

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is why.....

allan95tbird said:
There might be an aftermarket one that will bolt up. But the front of a t-45 is the bellhousing but also its the front of the case with the bearings in it.
so you cant just swap bell housings.
they make a t-56 bellhousing for 4.6 mustangs. i dunno if that will work for a t-5 tho.
why use a T-5 anyways?
t-45 is the same as far as i know.
works well enough on gts and cobras.
Im gonna use a t-56 after i get my 99 GT motor tho. I dont wanna deal with 5 speeds when i can have 6 :)
More is better right?
I want to use the T-5 because they are cheap and easy to find.Another reason is that they unbolt from the back of the bellhousing instead of the front like the T-45 does.If you blow a tranny it is easier just to drop a T-5 then unbolt the whole tranny and bellhousing.Does that make sense?
Does anyone know who to contact on this?
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would check on some mustang forums, someone there may have tried it.
Hope you findout what you need.

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No such luck.......

BSR said:
I would check on some mustang forums, someone there may have tried it.
Hope you findout what you need.
I have looked and no such luck.I even called Lakewood direct and they dont know of anything either.I have a choice of either the T-45 or the Tremec 3550.
I think I am goning to go with the T-45 because they are cheaper to find if I break it.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
344 Posts
lol see how much i pay attention n/m

n/m

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
There is a 4.6L block that mates to an AOD, and AOD patterns are very close to T-5 patterns. However, I've been told that it is not a disirable block to have.

I'd put my money on a bell housing adapter.

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GreenBird said:
There is a 4.6L block that mates to an AOD, and AOD patterns are very close to T-5 patterns. However, I've been told that it is not a disirable block to have.

I'd put my money on a bell housing adapter.
The problem is that there isnt an adapter for that particular application.I talked to Lakewood and they was telling me about the length of the input shaft would be the problem.I am not going through all that trouble by changing the input shaft and then break the tranny,then have to do it all over.I think I am just gonna go with the T-45 and call it even.
Thanks though,
Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts