TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Folks, an era has ended, my Cougar has a date with the scrap yard coming up. About 2 1/2 weeks ago, I blew a head gasket on my '92 Cougar. After much consideration, My step-dad and I have decided that the most economical action to do is scrap it and move on.....

THA COOG (My nickname for 'er) is doomed to be picked clean like a skeleton in the middle of the desert....

She will be missed

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the thing is, we really don't have a space to do ANY type of major automotive work, such as replacing a head gasket. The garage is too small and packet full of stuff to get a car that size in it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know the "blackwood" is specific to the 25th ann. edition, but the thing is, the piece that spans the dash is torn and dented in several places, and the trim pieces on the driver/passenger doors have fallen to sun damage. The car was originally a theft/vandalism repair, and a lot of the dash and drivers door have suffered. Im going to snatch the little badge from the steering wheel as well.

·
̇
3,701 Posts
jhiland32 said:
Seems like a good candidate for a 5 liter swap to me.
Yep..Almost Plug & Play..

It's a shame you're going to scrap her out..The 25th is one of the rarest of the early MN12 Cougars..

I understand though..When you don't have the resources..The knowledge, or the space to swap engines..There's not many options left..

You've only had the car for 6 months..So..Good Luck finding another MN12..

Rayo..

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm probably just a few miles away, I believe I know the previous owner as well

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
The 89 Cougar I have owned since 1994 recently came down with a blown head gasket as well. Just got the heads back from being surfaced, hot tanked, valve seals replaced and valves ground. I didn't get the guides worked on.

Parts and external labor was around 350 bucks. For me it was worth the expense and time, it is a secondary car, but I still put about 6,000 miles a year on it, and without it I cannot take one of my other cars out for more than a few hours.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
That's a shame you're going to scrap it. Let someone buy it from you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, you'll all be happy to know that THA COOG isn't being scraped. My step-dad is selling it to his buddy, a fellow Cougar fan. Hes going to fix it and keep her around for a while; Hes more able to do the work than I am.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, so, we're actually deciding to sell the Cougar. We've decided its probably more profitable to sell it VS. Scrapping it. If anyones interested, DM me and I'll answer your questions and give you some infoon it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts