Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
5,022 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cores don't seem to come out of the quick connects. That is why I am asking about the socket to remove the quick connects, I believe they come off and you can replace the Schrader's, or the quick connects themselves are the Schrader's and you have to replace them if they leak.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/A-C-System-Valve-Core-and-Cap-Kit-AC-System-Seal-Kit-4-Seasons-26781/272125259304?epid=1058662939&hash=item3f5bedee28:g:ajYAAOSwMxdaqKPr#vi-ilComp

These fitting are what I believe I need the socket for.

·
Super Moderator
5,022 Posts
The cores don't seem to come out of the quick connects. That is why I am asking about the socket to remove the quick connects, I believe they come off and you can replace the Schrader's, or the quick connects themselves are the Schrader's and you have to replace them if they leak.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/A-C-System-Valve-Core-and-Cap-Kit-AC-System-Seal-Kit-4-Seasons-26781/272125259304?epid=1058662939&hash=item3f5bedee28:g:ajYAAOSwMxdaqKPr#vi-ilComp

These fitting are what I believe I need the socket for.
*ponders*

They may not in cars designed R134a; the conversion kit I have on both my Dakota and my Cougar (from R12 systems) do have removeable Schrader valves.

I know; the Four Seizins' kits I have had leaky Schraders, and I've had to replace them.

So no, I don't know if those sockets will work; when I had to remove mine, I used an adjustable wrench and an open end wrench (adjustable to fit the R134a converter, open end to fit the old R12 fitting.)

Don't forget to clean and replace the thread locker when you do that.

RwP

·
Registered
408 Posts
I used the FJC sockets on mine.

low side

high side

I can't find the torque specs in the manual. As I recall, I used a beam type wrench to determine the values, but I'd have to find where I saved that info. If you have a beamer wrench, you have your answer.

This post explains the different port types on our cars.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah that is it. I couldn't find the torque either, I will just guess on that one, it shouldn't be much. One of the older mechanics who works for me who worked at GM a number of years ago actually had the sockets, so I am borrowing them from him. Now to see if I can pick these up locally. Someone may have them, I hope

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts