TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going home from a party a few weeks back and I hit a raccoon pretty good. Didn't really think anything of it at the time. Anyway, I was setting the trash out this morning, when I noticed some of the paint looked weird on my front bumper. Upon closer inspection, I noticed this...

The crack on the left is about 6" long and the other's about 4" long. It did look like a pretty good size coon, but I didn't imagine that it was that big. The whole front bumper needs repainting anyway so it doesn't bother me a whole lot. But would this be relatively easy to fix...bondo, sand, and paint. Or would I be better off to just get another bumper cover? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
890 Posts
it shouldn't be too bad to fix, just back it up with something flexible, cut out any jagged edges, and fill it with FLEXIBLE bondo. Then it will need to be painted with a flex additive.

Unless you do the above, the first tap the bumper takes, everything will pop right back off.

·
Registered
811 Posts
JR Tigerstar said:
Actually not too bad. j/k Good one! :idea:

mamberg is right. There is a special appoxie (sp?) to fix sh!t like that. But it is like bondo where any little tab and back to the crappy crack. :xpoh:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah there is a special epoxy that will work great I work with it all day, but I work with the industrial version. I dont remember the name off hand the stuff I use is SC232A/SC232B but i have know idea what the brand name is but it works

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
I would check into having it fixed. It might be possiable that the labor cost to repair the crack not counting paint time will cost as much as a new bumper.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well, at least I'm not the only one. I hit one doing about 70mph....it broke one of the vertical supports in the opening and busted out almost all my clips that hold the black, underbody piece. Haven't fixed or replace either one yet. Wish the extent of my damage was limited to what your's was.

Later.
Slowride

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
that reminds me, when i bought my new 4.6 bird the front bumper didnt have one of those black underbody things that is attached to the underside of the bumper, do you guys think this will be noticible if i dont have one? I am lowering the car 2". I would think on a darer coloered car it may not show up, but mine is champagne.....

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
My grandma and her friend actually cooked an "overstuffed squirrel" as my grandpa told her it was. They played a joke on him and actually cooked it (this was when my mom was a kid). He actually liked it and wanted to have her do it again, but she said a skinned racoon looks like a dead baby, and she couldn't do that.

My grandpa and his friend would go drinking and hunting. He told his friend to climb up a tree and hold it out and he would shoot it. Good thing he was a good shot!

One of my brother's friends drove a lowered Cavalier with a kit and hit a racoon. He said it was so low that the racoon just dragged on the street. :D

I ran over a dead deer this summer with my truck. Didn't hardly feel it, and no dammage. I love big trucks! :ztoohot:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts