TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best set up (parts) for the best handling suspension for a thunderbird? ;)

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
:gotsearch

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
Check out this thread for spring rate information.

Kelsey Smith is an autocross racer and may be able to help you out - depending on the type of racing you're looking to do.

Slidebird91 is a drifter and can help you with a setup for that application.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=131646

You've got to do some research and know exactly what type of suspension application you're looking for; with a N/A 3.8 engine I doubt you're going to be doing any drag racing.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're looking for something that'll do some general canyon carving and make the twisties fun to drive.

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check out this thread for spring rate information.

Kelsey Smith is an autocross racer and may be able to help you out - depending on the type of racing you're looking to do.

Slidebird91 is a drifter and can help you with a setup for that application.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=131646

You've got to do some research and know exactly what type of suspension application you're looking for; with a N/A 3.8 engine I doubt you're going to be doing any drag racing.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're looking for something that'll do some general canyon carving and make the twisties fun to drive.
thanks thats just what i was looking for,and yes the drag racing will wait till i get my HUGE mod list done :rolleyes: :D

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I have 1-1/4" sway bars F/R, Konis on the rear, Tokico HP's on the front, Eibach springs (1-1/2" drop). LECB/FFSB, Front & rear shock tower braces and a rear torsional load brace. I also have the 3.8 NA and it's not fast but it's a hell of a lot of fun to drive in the mountains.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts