TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy was at a drag strip where you guys werre at and he said you guys were talking about a way to hook up a certain wire behind the right headlight into a switch where it would control your radiator fan to cool everything off real nice and i was just wondering if you guys could help me out with that or tell me what I should do if that works because that would save a heck of a lot of time and money putting in an intercooler fan!!! Thanks alot!

Keith

·
Registered
4 Posts
thats the #14 wire on the pcm(the blk box behind the right head lite) many said that cutting the #14 wire runs the fan as u turn the ignition on. You can also run a switch insdie the car to turn it on and off. The draw back is you can't have both low and high speed runnig at the same time it will kill the fan motor...
neil

·
Registered
278 Posts
Running the fan with the car off won't cool the motor because there is no coolant flowing through the radiator. So there for no heat exchange is occuring.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have it...

so the lowspeed fan runs whenever the car is in the 'on' position. (just cut the wire) Then I hooked up the high speed fan, to a switch. You will need a diaode (to kill feedback to the computer) a relay and a switch. Mine works great, durring those hot days that the lowspeed fan allows the car to run up to n, I just turn the highspeed on and it cools back down to where it should. On a side note I also installed a 180 t-stat while I was doing this mod. You must have the low speed fan running before you switch the highspeed on, I have heard that it is possible to fry the computer if you don't. This seems to make the car run from inbetween C and N(of norm) and right to the line of O (in norm) when I'm on it hard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts