TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says. I just recently had my radiator flushes and filled by Ford a couple weeks ago. Anyways, yesterday I seen a good puddle of coolant that was from my car and was running down the parking lot (good 20-30 feet). I took it home and it leaked a little more (not as bad) on the driveway. I checked to try and see where the leak was coming from but couldnt pin point it (I believe it was running along the frame from somwhere.) So I check the reservoir... its completely full still... way passed the Cold Fill Mark... to the very top. Today, it is not leaking anymore from what I can tell. I took it to a good mechanic/part of family. I let it run quite a while to get the coolant circulating and all that. No leaks... we did find a wet spot where the hose meets the radiator though... but it wasnt leaking there at the time. Was my tank just overfilled? Or do I have a slow leak? When I park for a while and check again I see no leaks still. Any thoughts or comments? I prob dont have enough info here for any good advice, but was just checking anyways. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It is probably just overflow.

My 95 did this when the weather got cold. Probably the overflow, or small leaks in the radiator itself, due to cold. (Metal contracting and exposing small seals)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still no leaks since a couple days ago. I checked the Water Pump that same day and seen nothing dripping from it. The reservoir is still full. Im guessing it was overflow? If it was overflow, where in the coolant system is overflow pushed out? Is there some sorta safety thing that lets some coolant be released if too much is in the tank?

~Brett

·
It is nice
885 Posts
replace your radiator cap if its old its prob bad and leaking out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts