TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radiator has been leaking fo a while now and I now have the money to get it fixed. Are radiator from a junk yard ok or should i get one from radiator.com? ( I dont have the moey for a cobra)

·
5,650 Posts
Getting one from a junkyard is ok as long as you check it thoroughly. First, look for any obvious damage. Look at the cooling fins and the tanks. A good indication that the radiator will be ok is if it's full and the coolant is still green. If the coolant is brown, this can indicate neglect and possible buildup in the radiator.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Whats wrong with your current radiator? If you get one from a salvage yard, you should have it pressure checked and flushed at a radiatory shop anyway. If you're going to pay for that you might as well have them repair the one thats currently in your car. You already own that one. Unless of course yours is so far gone it can't be repaired.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
just get a new one.....

either radiator.com or radiatorbarn.com. if you order one today, you could have delivered on monday. they utilize local parts warehouses. The visteon rad even comes with Ford OEM radiator line fittings.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I agree with getting a new one online. The seals between the tank and core is what usually leaks - worse when it is cold out. A salvage yard radiator could have the same problem.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Mine was leaking there and I took it to a radiator shop. They charged me $45 and it has been fine for 3 years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.