TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Well my radiator decided it was time to give up. It is werid, it pores out coolant when it is cold between the tank and the core, but as soon as it warms up the leak goes away. So I am thinking that once the metal expands the leak is stoped. Anyway, I need a new one.
What kind of radiator are you running?
Where did you get it?
How much did it set you back?
Also, are there any advantages in upgrading to a three core radiator on the 3.8, if they even make one? I live in Jersey, we do have cold winters, I dont want to have any problems with the car running to cold but at the same time I would like a little more protection in the heat.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'm running a new(er) stock one. It does a great job so I think anything else is overkill. If you want, though, you can use a '93 T-Bird (5.0) radiator as long as you can get the tranny lines hooked-up.

PJ

·
Registered
484 Posts
common on plastic tank radiators, when they heat up, they expand and sometimes seal up a leak, sometimes make it worse. I think it was radiatorbarn.com where I found pretty good deals on cheap OEM radiators. Mine is factory, but I havent ran the car yet to see if its any good......
some shops replace the tanks and gaskets, but it will cost you the same or almost the same as a new one. Might as well get a new core as well. Easy to change radiator at least:)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
BTW, what I meant was you can use the GRIFFIN radiator for the 5.0 birds.

PJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts