TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may sound funny but it seems that I'm having trouble sliding the ashtray back into the din location. First time I tried to it, I snap that end ear piece. It fits afterwards but it's not secure. I have a back up cigarette tray but don't want to break that one. Any pics or comments on this matter while I attempt to find out solo dolo??? Lol

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,195 Posts
Yeah, the top slot is missing on the older bezels and needs to be cut out with a Dremel or similar. Then you need to thin the bezel in the space between the two slots so it's only as thick as the bezel (there's a 2x thick lip around the opening). If you examine the fitment of the ash tray bracket as you try to slide it in place, you see what needs to be done.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you using a 94-96 bezel? The 97 ashtray requires an extra slot on the lip that needs to be cut in
Lol I w exactly what you was refering to when I looked at the part number. I looked in my parts stash and found a 97 model bezel so I skipped all of that modding lol. I did however drilled a new 1inch hole in a spare cigarette socket housing. I'll just keep the broken one and figure how to make the bond stronger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts