TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to start up the 'bird after a couple months and the battery was almost dead and I had to charge it. The battery seems charged and test drove it around town but I can't get any noise from the stereo/radio. I thought i might hear some hiss at hi volume but there is nothing even though all buttons seem to work on the radio.

Does that point to anything?

All that ever happened with the stereo was I had a Kenwood cassette/radio with remote CD changer put in a long time ago.

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
I've had that happen a few times on the head unit in my Dodge Dakota.

What works for me is to turn ignition off, pull out the keep-alive fuse, count to 10, and plug it back in.

For some reason, once in a blue moon, these things get "confuzickated" and forget to turn the amp on ...

RwP

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to remember I think there is a reset button in the trunk for the head unit or something. It's raining today so I can do more reading.

I'll have to look up the "Keep Alive" fuse and where it is. Basically, I need to start the electrical troubleshooting after some more searching here on the forum. That usually starts with the fuses

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Got it working by pulling and reinstalling the radio fuse in the fuse box under the dash and the same to the 5 amp memory fuse in the large power box next to the battery. It may have been the memory needed a jolt because the radio was powering up before. Both were good and reused.

It could also have just needed to have the battery disconnected to reset whatever the memory fuse protects

Now what to do in wet weather? Taxes!!!

Thanks all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts