TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I have a little bit of a problem.

I used a tape adapter when i want to use my ipod. Only problem is, when i use the tape the sound only comes from the left side of the car. This dosnt happen with the radio, only when i use a tape.

I have to balance the speakers all the way to the right side for the soudn to be evenly distrubuted. But, after awhile the right side speakers will "pop" back into place and i ahve full sound again.

This is with a factory radio.

ANy solutions?

·
Registered
52 Posts
your tape probably isn't fully seated in the player, try seeing if you can move it around after it's inside the player, and see if you gain anything.

·
Registered
267 Posts
heads are dirty and need to be adjusted....takes a super small straight screwdriver...should have a small hole on the deck itself with a sticker over the hole....

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Importskyline22 said:
I went out and looked and i cant find the hole that you speak of :(
some tapes have a selector to reposition the head/reader/chrome thingy to match up to your head unit....

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I noticed the same problem driving to KC and back last weekend. When I ejected the tape, and then tapped it back in, it reseated and I got sound from all 4 speakers.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
What are these things, these "tapes" you speak of? lol

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL Those are what we old people still have a lot of, and use, since we (I) haven't swapped the CD player out of the LE yet. :D

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I think I have heard of those before. Lol I just put a blankpunt tape player in my explorer that I had laying around(I am selling the Ex and it had no radio so I thought I would give them something atleast).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts