TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like this absolutely deserves its own thread. Im hoping this isnt true. But from his FB page..
Our Ralph Phillips passed away Sunday, December 26th, at 3 20 PM.

I didnt know him as well as a lot of you here. And I know him and I mighta bumped heads a couple times. But he was a fantastic dude with so much knowledge.

I think I speak for everyone when I say he will be missed dearly.

Rest in peace.

Registered
No way man! This is a total shock. This is a sad day for us here on TCCoA!

RIP Ralph. You'll be missed. 馃槦

Reactions: dDUBb

Administrator
You beat me to it.
He was so helpful after Preston passed & I had car questions. But he was always helpful. Really sad day.

Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
I don鈥檛 even know what to say, I鈥檓 just heartbroken 馃ズ It鈥檚 been pretty much consistently he and I occupying the TCCoA IRC chat for a decade + and I鈥檝e probably talked with him more than anyone else in the club, every project and plan(fulfilled or unfulfilled) I came up with on my car I bounced off him, and often got them brought to reality by a unforeseen pun. Such a cool funny dude, I鈥檓 sorely going to miss him.

I鈥檓 not on Facebook but my condolences to Sweetie and his family

You beat me to it.
He was so helpful after Preston passed & I had car questions. But he was always helpful. Really sad day.
+1 This hit me the way Preston鈥檚 passing did, when I鈥檇 sit at my PC and check the chat window If I saw either of them active I鈥檇 push aside whatever I had planned that night!

Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC

Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
Ralph was a great guy with sense of humor and he had a wealth of information to share with everyone here. He will be missed here.

RIP Ralph! :cry:

Joe

Registered
RIP Ralph.

Al

Reactions: Grog6 and dDUBb

Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
He will greatly be missed. He was just helping me with some home wiring issues Sunday morning. He went above and beyond, looking up links to items he thought would be useful and good quality. Great guy and I'll miss him around here.

Super Moderator
Wow; This really sux. He was a great guy, always helpful and good to bounce ideas off of. I liked talking electronics with him, and learning about the earlier cars.
He will be missed. Any Idea what got him? I'm guessing heart problems; he was still sharp as a tack.

Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
I don't think anything was said as to what the cause was.

Super Moderator
He was running the chat server at home; any of you guys considering picking that up?

Registered
RIP Ralph. Condolences to the community and to his family and friends. He was always very helpful.

Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
He was running the chat server at home; any of you guys considering picking that up?
I would love to keep it going but I wouldn鈥檛 know where to begin running it, and with it basically being only Ralph or me to be found in there 99% of the time it鈥檚 probably just time that era comes to its close unfortunately 馃檨

SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
RIP Ralph.

Reactions: Grog6

Super Moderator
I don't think anything was said as to what the cause was.
I saw an article that said he was having heart problems, but he never mentioned it here that I saw.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts