TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Does anyone have any pictures of there ram air setup?

Using search does not seem to find anything.

Thanks

Also does anyone close by have an air silencer laying around that they want to get rid of?

·
Registered
623 Posts
are you talking the ram air hood, or an actual functional ram air system?

Im guessing you don't mean a functional system due to the fact you are looking for an air silencer.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Looking for pictures of functional front bumper ram air scoops. And setups.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Why would anyone want to do that?

·
Banned
998 Posts
I want to use the half of the silencer that has the mounting 3 holes for the car to help seal the ram air tube coming from the scoop.

Just an idea.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
If you do end up doing this, be careful even in slightly deep water because I know it finds its way in there even with no air silencer at all. I have stalled out my cougar and t-bird before from driving in the lane next to the curb when there is more than a couple inches of standing water (both cars have removed silencers, back in the cougar I may have had drier hose ram air too, lol). Once the filter dries out it is ok. If you actually got water into the combustion chamber and tried to compress it, the results would not be good. I would also expect no gains at all from doing a ram air setup vs removing the silencer.
-Rob

·
Banned
998 Posts
I am not going to use the whole silencer, just half of it. I am going to cut it in too then use the part that bolts to the bottom of the car to seal it good.

I am not putting my scoop on the bottom of the car I am going to put it the middle of the opening where the rad gets it's air. So this will help in not getting it flooded.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Cool. You should post up some pics when you get it done! Do a search for some guy on here. I think his username was gagfish. He had a white 94-5 with blue stripes and ram air. He has an external site somewhere showing how to construct ram air with PVC and the stock 94 tube. I think I am still running the top part of my 94 silencer, but lost the rest of it.
-Rob

·
Banned
998 Posts
I will put a few pics up after I get it in this weekend.

I am doing this for $0, just using stuff laying around at home and work.

If I get any benefit then it is all good.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Please see my photobucket for pictures.

I do feel a bit of response over 50mph.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
My 97 has had the silencer removed by a Previous Owner sometime in it's history. I was thinking of using the 3" PVC with an elbow pointing to the right side hole in the 95 front bumper on my car. To prevent water intake, I was thinking of drilling a few small holes in the bottom of the elbow to allow water drainage. Think this is a good solution, or should I just let it suck the air up out of the fenderwell as it is?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts