TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i need everybody's opinion about what kinda exhaust system i should get. i've been reading about what everybody else has and i'm not sure what to go with i'm looking for how Loud it will be. i'm looking for something aggressive but nothing to were i'm rumbling the car next to me so if you can give me some feedback that would be great.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
hack the mufflers off, extend tips out the back, cheap and will give you some sound, if you want louder hack some more stuff off.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will have to hack stuff off for sure.

Strung your t-bird sounded nice but i'm going for alittle more than that.

which brings me to resent events i torn my acl in my right knee i won't be able to work on my car or get the exhaust system i want right now but i will be reading and finding out what you guys think thanks for your help.

·
Registered
50 Posts
one word...glasspacks, lol. I dont recommend hacking off the mufflers. Some people like the sound but I think it sounds terrible. Sounds like a pissed off bumblebee at high rpms.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
there is no substitute for a full aftermarket exhaust. If you hack the stock muffs you end up with more sound and drone. I hacked my back muffs but this was necessary to install the rear addco bar and dropping the LCAs without dropping the exhaust. Its ok sounding I wouldn't say I hate it but its rather lame. Don't waste your cash on a cat back as the cats/stock manifolds are the killer restrictions anyway. Go ported manifolds/magnaflow hi-flo cats with a DI/DO true X dynomax 2.25 pipe all the way back. I've been looking at combos for a while and this is the one that I like the most.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is no substitute for a full aftermarket exhaust. If you hack the stock muffs you end up with more sound and drone. I hacked my back muffs but this was necessary to install the rear addco bar and dropping the LCAs without dropping the exhaust. Its ok sounding I wouldn't say I hate it but its rather lame. Don't waste your cash on a cat back as the cats/stock manifolds are the killer restrictions anyway. Go ported manifolds/magnaflow hi-flo cats with a DI/DO true X dynomax 2.25 pipe all the way back. I've been looking at combos for a while and this is the one that I like the most.

how much do you think all that will cost me?

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
how much do you think all that will cost me?
It depends on the amount of down time you can have with your ride. Braincoating.com listed what it costs to have manifold coated and ported, supposedly (I agree with this) the best compromise between the cost of Kooks and a bump in flow. I paid 87.50 for each one of my magnaflow hi-flo cats shipped to my door from hottexhaust.com. I also paid 105 for the dynomax DI/DO X muffler shipped to my door from summit with a coupon. You still need pipe/manifold gaskets and maybe O2 sensors. THe cost of the pipes is for you to figure out because it varies locally. With a chip its a decent bump in power but the previous comments are also true too. Its comes down to the intake your using. Thats why I just said "ok do it all and be done." Don't be like others on here and pay for exhaust rework down the line because you upgraded something else in the engine bay. It simply isn't worth the cash for a full exhaust unless you have a chip/tune/xcal2/etc and better intake set up. Its kinda the down side with these cars. You don't make much power over stock without spending more cash on several things at once. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It depends on the amount of down time you can have with your ride. Braincoating.com listed what it costs to have manifold coated and ported, supposedly (I agree with this) the best compromise between the cost of Kooks and a bump in flow. I paid 87.50 for each one of my magnaflow hi-flo cats shipped to my door from hottexhaust.com. I also paid 105 for the dynomax DI/DO X muffler shipped to my door from summit with a coupon. You still need pipe/manifold gaskets and maybe O2 sensors. THe cost of the pipes is for you to figure out because it varies locally. With a chip its a decent bump in power but the previous comments are also true too. Its comes down to the intake your using. Thats why I just said "ok do it all and be done." Don't be like others on here and pay for exhaust rework down the line because you upgraded something else in the engine bay. It simply isn't worth the cash for a full exhaust unless you have a chip/tune/xcal2/etc and better intake set up. Its kinda the down side with these cars. You don't make much power over stock without spending more cash on several things at once. Just my opinion though.

it all makes sense i'll look into everything after my surgery on my knee.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts