TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
vortech sn-95 cobra.

Mustang is my favorite car i just cant afford it at this moment. So i have to stick with a car thats the closest to a stang, cougar/bird.

Marvin M.

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Vorteched Cobra of course!!!!!!

Is this a joke or something?? lol

:D

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
You're not being courted by the Dark Side are you PJ? Maybe getting a little bored after conquering the 4.2?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, I love my car. It just takes money to make it fast. Sooner or later...

I ask because the two cars have different appeal. The thing about the Mustang is that there are SO many of them, and a good portion of them are fast. The late Supras are rare, and are costly, but they have that automatic charm to them IMO. Being a T-Bird owner, I get to see the jackhole end of the Mustang owners-- not that Supra owners are better, and I don't want to be another "mustang guy." Besides, my girlfriend has a Fox body I can play with. (that didn't sound right)

I own an old RX-7 I will be getting rid of once I finish fixing it up and get tired of it. I probably will buy a 2nd gen MR-2 Turbo to take its place. That, or I will Procharge the 'Bird. But then that means I need to drive IT around everywhere... I don't want my baby to get hurt.

Honestly, I would love to own a 3rd gen RX-7, but they are unreliable and expensive. It won't be in the cards for a long time.

I'm rambling... :tongue:

PJ

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
It's miscellaneous, ramble on.... I think that'll be enough about your girlfriend's Fox body though. Some of the married guys might get jealous.

Just wanted to make sure you weren't thinking of selling the 'Bird for a Supra. Even though you live a long way off and I don't really "know" you an intervention may have been called for ;) I know how you feel about the Mustangs, they are everywhere and little to distinguish one from the next as far as I can tell.... I haven't been a Supra fan since I broke the seat in a friend's just sitting in it, I was only about 230 at the time. His was a very early one ...'80 something... and was very cheaply made.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I wish I jad a girl with a Fox body I could play with. I'd take the last generation of the Supra. The earlier ones are weak compared and and also cheaply made. But I do like the last TT Supra's body styles but the big selling point is the power potential of them. You can EASILY make hundreds upon hundreds of hp out of them on the stock bottom end, and when you do that, boy, talk about TOP END speed.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
PJ-4.2L said:
Besides, my girlfriend has a Fox body I can play with. (that didn't sound right)

PJ
Sounds right to me :)

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
?BUY FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... did this answer your question?

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
PJ-4.2L said:
Would you rather be the dude in the TT Supra or the dude in the Vorteched SN-95 Cobra?

PJ
man..that IS a tough one. you talking just yer normal everyday SN-95 (5.0L or a 4.6L, SOHC/DOHC)? or are you talking tuner or rare vorteched SN-95 (saleen S351)?

i honestly wouldnt know what to say....
i've been in soooooooooo many mustangs, but have never been in a mark IV.

If it wasnt a '95 cobra R, or an S351, I think a Twin Turbo Mark IV would probably be my choice. i've always loved the Mark IV styling, the 2JZ-GTE motor, and just the car in general. I'm sure they're nice and small on the inside, so that'd take some getting used to...just like Mustangs, F-bodies, and Vettes.

just throwing out my opinion. I'm usually on the wrong side of the tracks on things like this. I get enough crap from my friends because I want to purchase an LS1 Trans AM WS6 rather than a Mustang (they have a '95 GT covnert. and a '95 cobra).

Just my thoughts.

·
8,239 Posts
hehe,

PJ, I love the look of the 3rd gen rx7, very stealthy. But unreliable, my uncle had one in his shop over the summer, and he says every time the owner brings it back they have to pull the motor to fix something. Very expensive parts and very expensive labor.

I like the new RX8, but have yet to see one on the streets.

But, would I want a vorteched sn95 cobra? Nah, I'd get a 03 cobra with a warantee.

Thanks,
Justin

PJ-4.2L said:
Nah, I love my car. It just takes money to make it fast. Sooner or later...

I ask because the two cars have different appeal. The thing about the Mustang is that there are SO many of them, and a good portion of them are fast. The late Supras are rare, and are costly, but they have that automatic charm to them IMO. Being a T-Bird owner, I get to see the jackhole end of the Mustang owners-- not that Supra owners are better, and I don't want to be another "mustang guy." Besides, my girlfriend has a Fox body I can play with. (that didn't sound right)

I own an old RX-7 I will be getting rid of once I finish fixing it up and get tired of it. I probably will buy a 2nd gen MR-2 Turbo to take its place. That, or I will Procharge the 'Bird. But then that means I need to drive IT around everywhere... I don't want my baby to get hurt.

Honestly, I would love to own a 3rd gen RX-7, but they are unreliable and expensive. It won't be in the cards for a long time.

I'm rambling... :tongue:

PJ

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
The SN95

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know that it's not hard to coax 500+ rwhp out of a sc'd + aftercooled DOHC Mustang. But I have no idea how reliable they are at that point. Back in college (wow, time flies), there was a dude in one of my classes who owns Wide Open Throttle Motorsports-- he and his brother were really into MkIVs. They had a few 9 second cars... It seems like almost every Supra out there is pushing 600+ hp at the wheels. It's like if you drive one, you are expected to run insane ETs.

I think if the Cobra were a convertible, and Mystic, I would go with it. Is there such a thing as a convertible Mystic Cobra? Supras turn heads wherever they go-- like NSXs... You know I have seen more Ferrari's than NSXs since I've moved to CA? And Rodeo drive!!! More Porsches than Fords COMBINED... Talk about penis envy issues...

Amanda and I want to own a MkIV some day-- but her car will be running 11's before that happens. BTW, tomorrow we will be picking up her brand new 1.8T Jetta. It's funny 'cause we used to knock all of the sorority girls driving Jettas but since she drove her brother's, she was hooked. I, personally, think it was a deep blue gauges that got her in a trance. The car's quick, though.

BTW, the RX-8 has not been released yet-- but it looks promising!! 280 NA Rotary hp! Imagine what a Turbo'd version would do!

PJ

·
Registered
946 Posts
supra TT. i can make it MUCH faster....that is one beast of a motor...6 cyl or not its not unheard of to squeeze out 700 hp on a stock bottom end. for 1500 buck i'd be churning out some nice #s with a supra tt....

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
:headbang:

mopar.. rally hood.. plum purple...... hmmmmmmmmm 340? or 360?... what what? 440??? what no hemi motor????? why not.. my friends dakota has one (that one sweeeeet truck there)

no one wants a VR4 stealth/3000gt??? personally.. i would take a nissan 300zx twin turbo over a supra.. you know.. the one that was featured in Test Drive 4 way back when...

ugh..

IF we had to choose japanese...

"my little turbo 4 cylinder is as fast as your car...." "yeah, and? my v8 is all motor and weighs 2500lbs more than you.. plus i have and always use my a/c.. and my girlfriend is in the car.. point??"

::sighs:: if we could harness the power of the fart cannons......wow....

·
Registered
488 Posts
the car ia a 340 i belive, was the first decent pic i found. I like the look of the rally hood the most. The hemi Sharker is sweet as well. Hopefully in a year or 2 the bird will be done and i can look into getting a mopar of sorts, a cuda' or challanger (70 model) would be just right but id settle with others. As for power plants if i had $13k to poop away id jump at a hemi, but a 340 or a 440 with a power adder would soot me just fine, hell i dont care if it had a slant 6 under the hood i just love the way these look

Josh

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
I would take a vorteched LS1 and kick any Supra TT *** with it. The mustang is too common or I would choose it and do the same.

Man, that Cuda looks alright. I change my mind, I'll take that Cuda

1 - 20 of 26 Posts