TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some idiot today while going into my neighborhood...the two lanes merge into one...no problem I slow down for my turn and some numb skull just decides to come on over without his blinker and slam on the brakes for HIS turn (while closing his cell phone mind you).

I happily blow my horn (that works...unlike my RX7) and he asks me what my problem was and I told him to use your freaking blinker...

GUESS WHAT HE TELLS ME!

You only have to use your blinker when you're stopped and about to make a turn.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE TODAY? I had to go home get my Drivers Ed book (remember he's 10 years older than me) and prove to him about stupid crap like turning into your own lane when making a left/right on a four lane highway (two lanes for each side).

At least we will have one less idiot on the road...I can go on for days about these stories!

I say we write Mr. Bush and tell him to have an idiots awareness month on how to drive and air commercials and disconnect cell phones for one day and force them to watch ‘how-to’ videos…

- Pelezo

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
EPelezo said:
I had to go home get my Drivers Ed book (remember he's 10 years older than me) and prove to him about stupid crap like turning into your own lane when making a left/right on a four lane highway (two lanes for each side).

At least we will have one less idiot on the road...
Did you have a crash? Is that why there will be one less idiot on the road? Or do you mean now that you taught him, he is no longer an idiot driver?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I taught him, I should crashed into him then I would have gotten a new engine! :p

- Pelezo

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
EPelezo said:
I say we write Mr. Bush and tell him to have an idiots awareness month....
Too bad this ain't the political forum. ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was ok with this post until you blame the president because some idiot can't drive. I'm sure that goofball really gave a shat and I'm sure he was "taught" alot.

Hell, maybe you should have been driving defensivly and anticipated the stupid jerk? One should always have situational awareness and look out for the other guy. But I guess you missed that day in drivers education huh?

EPelezo said:
Some idiot today while going into my neighborhood...the two lanes merge into one...no problem I slow down for my turn and some numb skull just decides to come on over without his blinker and slam on the brakes for HIS turn (while closing his cell phone mind you).

I happily blow my horn (that works...unlike my RX7) and he asks me what my problem was and I told him to use your freaking blinker...

GUESS WHAT HE TELLS ME!

You only have to use your blinker when you're stopped and about to make a turn.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE TODAY? I had to go home get my Drivers Ed book (remember he's 10 years older than me) and prove to him about stupid crap like turning into your own lane when making a left/right on a four lane highway (two lanes for each side).

At least we will have one less idiot on the road...I can go on for days about these stories!

I say we write Mr. Bush and tell him to have an idiots awareness month on how to drive and air commercials and disconnect cell phones for one day and force them to watch ‘how-to’ videos…

- Pelezo

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
When did he blame the President? He said we should write him and suggest having an idiots awareness month.

Dont lay into the guy because another driver was clearly misinformed and dangerously wrong. There are far too many people on the road that think they know more than they do...

·
Registered
598 Posts
Heavy Metal said:
I was ok with this post until you blame the president because some idiot can't drive. I'm sure that goofball really gave a shat and I'm sure he was "taught" alot.

Hell, maybe you should have been driving defensivly and anticipated the stupid jerk? One should always have situational awareness and look out for the other guy. But I guess you missed that day in drivers education huh?
I was ok with this post until you didn't type one true statement. Never did he blame the President for this guy or anyone else's bad driving. He simply made a suggestion that perhaps it would be a good idea if we had an awareness month to help educate or remind people on how to drive.

Hell, maybe he was driving defensively and anticipating the stupid jerk, after all he was able to avoid a possible collission. I guess he did have situational awareness and look out for the other guy after all, but maybe you missed the entire post and just decided to rip the guy huh?

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
Yeah, I don't see anything about him blaming our worthless president :) anywho, here in "Florida" If you turn on your blinker, it garentees you will not be able to change lanes :), unlike in MN, if you turn on your blinker, people move, and allow you to change lanes...

hmm. Go figure..

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
See the problem is that Heavy Metal is a pathetic little troll who loves nothing more than calling people names and stiring crap. He is a weak, worthless excuse for a human being. He's been banned from here before. He's still banned from the political forum. So instead he takes any little opportunity he can to bring about dissent among people on the forums.

His former name was Blown94SC, he is Jim Long from Warner Robbins, Georgia. Welcome to Food for Trolls 101.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I remember Blown94SC. He was fun to laugh at. Closet Liberal, over caffeinated, forgot his meds everyday and his manties were always in a bunch over anything remotely political.... ;)

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
heh,

I'm a very defensive driver, I drive faster than normal so I'm constantly watching what people do around me and years of riding with my dad taught me to do that.

He's now 41 and has never gotten into a wreck. I plan to keep my record clear as well and have done a pretty damn good job of it if I don't say so my self (three years of driving and no tickets, no wrecks, no accidents).

I meant, like air TV ads as to turning into your lane or judging proper distance...they do it for smoking...why not bring down the accident rate?

The guy pulls up next to me at the same light today and told me he sees what I meant about everyone doing stupid things like making wide turns and thanked me and went a separate way.

- Pelezo

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I know how you feel Epelezo using turn signals is a pet peeve (sp) of mine. I hate when people dont use them ... I was headed to Biloxi this past weekend when some idiot cut me off by changing lanes about 100ft before red light. My wife doesnt drive but i always tell her, "Im careful, its the other drivers you have to worry about " She was suprised at how quickly I reacted. I have tendensy to react then blow the horn to let that person know they are an idiot.

But im sure that your example is why Louisiana is so far down on the list posted about which states have the most idiot drivers.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=65543

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ITT-BIRD said:
I know how you feel Epelezo using turn signals is a pet peeve (sp) of mine. I hate when people dont use them ... I was headed to Biloxi this past weekend when some idiot cut me off by changing lanes about 100ft before red light. My wife doesnt drive but i always tell her, "Im careful, its the other drivers you have to worry about " She was suprised at how quickly I reacted. I have tendensy to react then blow the horn to let that person know they are an idiot.

But im sure that your example is why Louisiana is so far down on the list posted about which states have the most idiot drivers.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=65543
Yep,

My dad drilled that one into my head..."I'm not worried about YOUR driving, rather all the drunks and what not out there".

He loves my driving; he actually goes to sleep when we go on trips unlike my step mom where he's constantly holding on to the seat.

I could go on for DAYS about idiots around here, just another example...DONT DOUBLE PARK BY A STOP SIGN.

What the hell? When only one car can fit through on a busy section that's not a good thing...park down the street on the empty lot I'm sure the city wont mind.

OH, and these huge *** trucks, going down this windy road on my street no one can seem to keep their car inside the lines so they just assume everyone will take up both lanes for them selves...

SUVS...the people don’t want to wash them, they don’t know how to drive them (they keep rolling them apparently) and half the people don’t even NEED them (I've got six brothers from both sides of the family and so we NEED to have an SUV but DONT [used to - PITA]).

My FAVORITE is people who run yellow lights, it means STOP not floor it and inch behind the person in front of you causing traffic jams and pissing everyone off…

- Pelezo

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Sounds like my experience this morning. I was driving to my classes, and a guy driving a 1-ton dually with a dump bed looks one way then pulls out. The idiot didn't even look the direction I was coming from. I had to chalk them up to keep from hitting the guy. My only satisfaction is that hope that the squealing tires and smoke scared the hell out of him. I wish the ISP trooper was up the road a few hundred feet so he could have seen it.

Oh well, live and learn

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, I've seen a 18 wheeler lock up the tires...it makes that noise you will never forget!

Some idiot cut a guy off down the road from me, then the light turns red the 18 wheeler had no choice but to smoke them.

- Pelezo

·
Registered
268 Posts
Aw, I'm hurt. I suppose it takes one to know one right SW? You know we have had this talk before, sounds like you are PMSing again. :rolleyes:

Once again SW you violate your own rules. I would prefer that we discuss your problem offline without cluttering up the board.

Oh I'm banned from the political forum again? When was that? I still have access now. So you changed your mind from the last we spoke eh?

You know when you have folks whine about everything under the sun and come out and say write the president so he can fix it is pure bullshat. That is saying you are unable to deal with life and it and needs more government intervention. That is liberalism plain and simple.

You don't have to like my opinion thats fine. But since this crap was posted out of the political forum it should have been moved or locked.

And all the haters...Ooh once again I'm hurt AEDM8 you hurt me. :uppoint:

It is Warner Robins SW, you ought to spell it right.

Sir William said:
See the problem is that Heavy Metal is a pathetic little troll who loves nothing more than calling people names and stiring crap. He is a weak, worthless excuse for a human being. He's been banned from here before. He's still banned from the political forum. So instead he takes any little opportunity he can to bring about dissent among people on the forums.

His former name was Blown94SC, he is Jim Long from Warner Robbins, Georgia. Welcome to Food for Trolls 101.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You sir are a **** tard...I hope you get in a wreck from some idiot who doesn't know how to drive and EAT your words through the steering wheel in your mouth.

- Pelezo

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
See? I knew we'd draw trollmeister supreme out of his shell. ShadowDragon corrected me via IM earlier. We did pull your politics ban to see what you'd do. I'd forgotten that.

Since I make the rules, I am under no obligation to follow them. The buck starts with me and ends with me. Isn't that fun?

And I'm sorry if you're too narrow minded to understand that he was NOT requesting anything from the President. He was wishing there could be a government sponsored driver education and awareness PSA type of thing. Perhaps people would learn something. But as you're abundant proof of, some people are just too stupid to learn from their mistakes.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.