TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying that I like my job and the company I work for. However, there is an individual I work with who is a supervisor and he is the dumbest POS I have ever come across in my life. He comes in wasted at 7:00 and goes to the package store at lunch to tip a few back. If you tell him to do something today he will do it different next week or not remember at all, that is only after he gives you a whole bunch of attitude. I shouldn't even mention the 25+ year people who just wait to retire and half of them really can care less one way or the other although there are are a few good ones who are always willing to help out. I am sure that every company has these people in them, it just stinks working with and around them! Lets hear your horror stories I can't be alone out here LOL.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
when i worked for walgreens.. there was a few people that i can rant about.. #1.. my manager.. little (height wise..) asian dude that could pick me up and throw me across the store if he wanted to.... always using his "build" to threaten people into doing their work.. #2... the head cashier.. her brother is the manager of another store (that my mom works in..) so wshe was all high and mighty because of that.. and shes one of those people that have a stick in her ass about EVERYTHING(!!) so naturally .. what does she do.. *****.. about everything and everyone...#3.. the ass.t manager.. mr rockett... not being racist but hes one of those.. "i grew up in the ghetto.. i know everything" kind black guys.. always thought he was better than everyone else.. made you clean the bathrooms with a wire brush if you said it was a slow day...

when i worked at napa.. the manager there.. bob.. i hated his voice.. he has this nasaly mono tone voice.. you should here him answer the phone.. he says everything real fast except his name(which he prolongs to no end..) so it sounds like one word.. "hellonapaautoparts, booooooooob"..

ok im done.. NEXT!! lol

·
Registered
674 Posts
i had to teach my Assistant Manager how to read and round up (or down) decimals. Example: The daily reports print out the volume of Fuel we sell the previous day. (i work at a C-Store) the reading is in this format...

XXX.XX000

She would read 87. 84000 and write on the Fuel audit sheet 8,784. Took me a good 20 minutes to get her to realize that the number should simply be 88... She claims she graduated High School. I tend to disagree, lol

NEXT!!!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I work for DoD.... PLEASE don't get me started.... :redmad:

There's not enough memory on the TCCoA servers for me to complete a rant about the level of incompetence I see on a daily basis!!! A handful of very knowledgeable and hard working people are doing the majority of the work while the rest just cruise along drawing in that nice paycheck. :beek: :leftright

I've been employed every day since Aug 1982... Boy do I have some stories about "fellow employees"!!! :D

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I work for DoD.... PLEASE don't get me started.... :redmad:

There's not enough memory on the TCCoA servers for me to complete a rant about the level of incompetence I see on a daily basis!!! A handful of very knowledgeable and hard working people are doing the majority of the work while the rest just cruise along drawing in that nice paycheck. :beek: :leftright

I've been employed every day since Aug 1982... Boy do I have some stories about "fellow employees"!!! :D
+1

Only I started in 1980.... and my attitude has drifted toward the "just drawing a check" side of the fence more every year that passes. Too frustrating otherwise.

·
Registered
674 Posts
ok, cool. so your sayin that the majority of the ppl working for a goverment agency are incompetent? No way [/sarcasm]

sorry i had to. :)

·
Registered
789 Posts
It always seems that the boss is the idiot... Maybe I should stop aspiring to be the boss?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
It always seems that the boss is the idiot... Maybe I should stop aspiring to be the boss?
no keep aspiring.. become the boss.. prove us all wrong and well come work for you :D :thumbsup: lol

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I worked at a walmart for 2 yrs.
Nuff said?
hint taken lol.. i used to work for the hardrock cafe in Gatlinburg, TN.. and these people in florida say tourism is huge.. yea.. right.. lol if you live in florida.. ive probably seen you in that city.. lmao

·
Super Moderator
10,655 Posts
Vote with your feet, I did.

I worked at a place that started off good, but eventually totally sucked; the more money the owners made, the worse they acted...it was pathetic.

I quit, took a year off on my 401k cash, and looked for a real job; I found the right one, and I can truly say that I work with some brilliant people, and enjoy what I do.

I'm sure this isn't for everybody, but I'm so much better off; I have over 6 years with the 'new' job, and am working on and with some cool, bleeding edge electronic 'stuff'.

What most people call 'servers', we call 'data acquisition' computers... :D

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
I worked at a walmart for 2 yrs.
Nuff said?
I work for Coca-Cola as a merchandisor and one of the stores on my route is a Wal-Mart... There are some people that have been there for a while and may enjoy it, but you can tell the others that are fed up with it.

And yeah - we all work with atleast one worthless idiot.. or two.. or three...... :D

-Melon

·
Registered
674 Posts
I gotta say, in working at a Convenience Store for a while. I'm a lot less fed up with my co-workers than i am with a select few of my "difficult" costumers... i also work graveyard, so i get all the tweakers, drunks, and potheads. One guy actually threatend my life when i denied him alcahol. Both because he was already wasted/driving, and because it was after 1:30 am (curfew in MO) so he left and i called in his plate to the cops, he got arrested for DWI and i haven't seen him since, lol.

Back on subject. I actually get along with and like the Manager, its the attention whore Assistant i'm having problems with. :(

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I worked in a public school, don't get me sta-... Actually, that was a fantastic job and everyone worked their a$$es off. No complaints. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts