TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,550 Posts
Wow, that thing looks absolutely terrible with the top up, and really good with the top down. It needs a V8 though.

·
Registered
742 Posts
My thoughts?

Strip all of the chrome trim off, toss in a V8, put a turbo XR7 nose with the fog lights on it, chrome-plated Mach I magnum 500 wheels, put a black top on it and black interior in it, repaint it black, and put every subframe connector known to man underneath it.....voila', instant hot-rod.

Of course, I could also do the same thing to a 64 Galaxie.

·
Super Moderator
7,550 Posts
I didn't realize that fox bodies had column shifters.....
Yup. My aunt had an 86 cougar with a column shifter, and I've seen a few others with V6s and a column shifter. I have never seen a V8 column shifted fox bird or cougar though, so I don't know if it was only offered on the V6 or not.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yup. My aunt had an 86 cougar with a column shifter, and I've seen a few others with V6s and a column shifter. I have never seen a V8 column shifted fox bird or cougar though, so I don't know if it was only offered on the V6 or not.
My '87 5.0 Bird had a column shifter. Most of the Fox T-birds and cougars had column shifters, unlike the Mustang, which only had console shifters.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
it looks like an "old folks" car. Interesting though I've never seen one before. Its got to be slow as hell and handle like mush.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hope it doesn't sell and goes back up in a few months after I pay a few bills off and have more money. I hear these cars are very hard to keep the top from leaking?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am still kicking myself for not buying the one I saw about six years ago. It was local and red on red with a white top. It needed work but was only $1500.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
My thoughts?

Strip all of the chrome trim off, toss in a V8, put a turbo XR7 nose with the fog lights on it, chrome-plated Mach I magnum 500 wheels, put a black top on it and black interior in it, repaint it black, and put every subframe connector known to man underneath it.....voila', instant hot-rod.

Of course, I could also do the same thing to a 64 Galaxie.
you dont dechrome a galaxie that is what gives the car its character. and pick an orginal wheel , dont pick something that everyone and their brother has . and no subframe conectors needed on a galaxie, its a full frame yaght!

·
Registered
645 Posts
I like it, but it needs a V8, and I'd say top parts are made of unobtainium.

My dad's 83 Cougar 5.0 had a column shifter and a console.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts