TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen that motortopia has been discussed too much here on TCCoA. It's a pretty neat car site.

I'm trying to get an MN12 into the top cars or top garages as listed on the site now. My SC was there until someone low-balled me and as I only have a total of 16 votes (15 for 5-stars) the one low-ball vote dropped me way out of the top cars.

Also, with only 16 votes for my car, there's not a huge support network for our cars. I've seen cars better than mine receive only 4 votes so far! I encourage you guys to check out motortopia...view some of the MN12 on the site. Before you leave, rate the cars. You don't have to give them all 5-stars, but be fair about your rating. I know my SC isn't a 5-star car, but it is pretty nice. There's over 80 MN12s on motortopia yet very few actually rate someone's car. We all want the world to see our cars and that they are more than Ford made them to be...This is one way.

Here's my "garage" on motortopia: http://www.motortopia.com/007_supercoupe/cars. That will get you to my main page and from there you can click on the picture of the car and rate it, leave a comment, etc. Let me know if you came. If I haven't rated your vehicle (I've rated 100s, but don't remember specifically) I'll stop by your garage (if you're on motortopia) and leave a comment and rate your ride.

Of course, it is all just for fun. For a short time there were a lot of MN12 guys active on that site, but now it has fizzled out. I'd like to see some more MN12 people get back on the site.

PS. I won $50 worth of steaks from motortopia for having a funny car related story. They plan on doing more of these contests in the future as well...check often so you can try to win as well.

PPS. Check out the "Clubs" main page. There's a video of me being interviewed by motortopia staff on the site now... http://www.motortopia.com/clubs/cars

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I think I voted for your car already.Oh well I'll check again.
Your car is one of my favorites on the site.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the votes and compliment. I like your LX as well. You just need the hood and our cars will nearly be identical looking!

For those who don't want to take the time to check it out, here's one of the albums on motortopia of my SC:
[/url][/IMG]

Thanks for checking out my SC.

After viewing my SC, please stop by motortopia and give me a rating.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The biggest thing I have noticed is that I don't get quite as much air flowing over the radiator. But, I've also got a stock radiator too, so that doesn't help on a modified SC...hehe...I also found that the stock fog lamps don't fit the opening either...but I've got a set of PIAA ones that I'll get on there that fit virtually perfectly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am installing a 460 with al. radiator in mine. So this maybe not the right way to go then. Thanks for the information before I spend $300 that just cause me overheating issues.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's doubtful that it would cause overheating. A 460 with an Al radiator will be good. Remember that you'll be able to get a larger radiator than what is stock in a SC...You won't have the IC to deal with. I haven't spent the $600+ on a Al radiator for my SC because I want to put a custom FMIC on mine that will allow me to use a larger radiator. That way I should eliminate any cooling issues as I continue to mod the car.

FWIW, I've got a Grand Am air dam mounted to my bumper (the black plastic piece) and it sits completely below the Xenon air dam. So it is still grabbing a significant amount of air and forcing it up into the radiator. The Xenon piece just blocks a portion of the flow. In traffic, my SC doesn't get any warmer than it ever did...and the temp guage registers around the "N" now that I have the Xenon piece on there...It used to remain below the "N"...so it's not causing a cooling problem, just runs 10* or so warmer than it did before.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the compliments...

Take a moment though to rate it...

http://www.motortopia.com/cars/645

You rate it by clicking the number of stars below the main picture. I've got 24 votes now, but still far short of where I would like to be. I'd like to have as many votes as "friends" listed. So I need to double my votes. You guys will support me more than some of the other car enthusiasts on the site. There's a lot of people who just don't like MN12s...for those of us who do...let's support each other...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts