TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i've noticed that when im at full throttle or high RPM (4-5k) i hear a slight rattling as if something is loose. I believe my cousin (who drives a 95' T-Bird) said the same thing about his bird. My motor is fairly stock. Just a cold air intake :p. But it done that before when i first had it too. Nothing has ever happened or had probs with the motor. Just something ive noticed and thought nothing of it. But wondered if anyone would know what it might be for sure. Lemme know what yall think. Thanks :).

·
8,239 Posts
my buddies cougar did that, it turned out the heatshields for the cat converters were rattling.

Cutting them off with a torch was the simple solution to that.

JH

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think its the cats.... sounds more from underneath the hood than under the car..... who knows. Just sounds like a piece of metal vibrating due to High RPM's and more vibration. Its done it ever since ive had it. Like i said... no probs with it. Just want to know if its a easy fix.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no not really. Just sounds like a piece of metal isnt tightin'd down err something. My cousins bird did the same thing and still does i think. its runs fine... no misfires. Idles and runs great. Just at WOT is makes a slight rattle. Regular oil changes and fuel cleaners added every 3k.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Lean knock. Put some high octane in it and drive for a while , bet it goes away.
Your intake is likely pushing the A/F lean up top.

rm

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just for S & G you may want to wrap a couple of band clamps around the Cat Heat shields. I didn't think it was my shields either (they seemed tight) but after spending the four bucks and doing it, the rattle was gone. Besides, It's gonna happen eventually.

P.S. The Ford TBS says to wrap it with band clamps as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts