1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
7,562 Posts
How much HP will these hold before breaking?

Rayo..
Realistically, no more than stock. The part that always breaks is the outer stub shaft, which is exactly the same on the raxles as it is on the stock axles. With that being said, it isn't how much power before they break, but how it is put down. Numerous people have run 11s, and some have even run 10s on stock axles with an auto trans. With a manual, it is much harder on the driveline, and if you get wheel hop, it will break things in a hurry, so people have also broken both stock axles and raxles with a stock 5-speed SC trying to launch on slicks at the track. If you wan't indestructible axles, get the $1600 DSS axles. If you want stronger than stock, get the $450 chromoly outer stub shafts and install them on stock axles. If you want nice looking well-built new axles to replace a set that are beat and rusty and the rubber boots are dry-rotted, buy this guy's raxles.

·
Super Moderator
12,243 Posts
How much HP will these hold before breaking?

Rayo..
The DSS Level 5's are rated to 900 RWHP, the Level 4's (3.9's) are 600 RWHP. See HERE for all the DSS specs.

I'd imagine the Raxles are rated around 500 RWHP or ... Way more than you'll ever make. :tongue:

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Thanks Mikey!

Trunk Monkey said:
I'd imagine the Raxles are rated around 500 RWHP or ... Way more than you'll ever make. :tongue:
So technically you could safely run these on your car as well..

Free Bump For the Seller!

Rayo..

·
Super Moderator
12,243 Posts
Yes, Rayo way more than I make too. But no, I wouldn't run these because DSS is better. But, yes, for the price compared to DSS, these are an acceptable - substantially less expensive - alternative.

That's the point. You don't want axles that can't support the HP that your engine is putting down you always want them to be higher rated. The only question is how much higher compared to what you make or plan to make. I like to have the option to go MUCH higher should I choose to. Like my gallery says at the very bottom ...

"Just so ya know ...
:tongue:
and ... should I choose to ... Vortech Ready"

·
Super Moderator
10,761 Posts
One good bounce of the suspension makes 500hp hit like 900hp... :D

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Mikey!

So technically you could safely run these on your car as well..

Free Bump For the Seller!

Rayo..
Thanks

Yes, the 28 spline is your weak point with raxles or stock shafts. That said, they were advertising them at 500 HP back when they sold them. As you can see from the images, the shaft diameter is significantly larger than stock.

This is all the information i have from them:

Raxles HiPo Thunderbird shafts
These axles are hand assembled out of the strongest available components available.
1. Special Ford of Germany race-spec inner and outer joints.
2. Hardened and tapered (no week step-down point) shafts.
3. Hytrel HD boots
4. Packed with racing synthetic grease.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As stated in the first post, i'm open to offers. I paid $500 for them, and you can't buy them anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts