TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have any experiences, good or bad with Raybestos shock/spring assemblies?
RIGHT

and

LEFT

RockAuto's got 'em, and I'm just exploring my options... Would like a little stiffer ride than stock, if I can, but am willing to settle for stock ride if I have to...

Looking to put new shocks in the 'Bird, and I'm eyeballing these, the Monroe assemblies, and the KYB ones. And I just saw the <del>Tokico</del> Koni ones are discontinued (another thread). Darn.

·
Super Moderator
4,925 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You misspelled "KONI" there, fella.

RwP

Yep, losing my mind looking at all sorts of suspension parts, starting to have trouble keeping 'em all straight in my head, lol. Thanks for the correction!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Anyone have any experiences, good or bad with Raybestos shock/spring assemblies?
RIGHT

and

LEFT

RockAuto's got 'em, and I'm just exploring my options... Would like a little stiffer ride than stock, if I can, but am willing to settle for stock ride if I have to...

Looking to put new shocks in the 'Bird, and I'm eyeballing these, the Monroe assemblies, and the KYB ones. And I just saw the <del>Tokico</del> Koni ones are discontinued (another thread). Darn.
personal experience with raybestos products....chinese (suspected) crap.......I have even had brand new brake drums (100 miles) fracture, they had no interest in even knowing about the problem or looking into possible defects......would avoid all of their products like the black plague!

Eibach is made in Corona...they can provide.

Shock Recommendations IMHO:

1) Koni- Excellent for racing applications- overpriced for street applications
2) Tokico, QA1 & Bilstein- A very good shock for street/strip applications. If you are running very stiff tires on the street (such as Bridgstone that are 100% steel belted or tires with profiles shorter than 50 series), these provide the extra give that you need for both comfort & stability
3) KYB- A very good shock for street/strip applications. If you are running a softer tires on the street (such as BFG that are a mix of steel & nylon belted or tires with profiles not shorter than 50 series), these provide the extra stiffness that you need for both comfort & stability. The GR-2’s are the equivalent to the Edelbrock IAS automatic adjusting units. Overall, stiffness between the Gas-a-just and the GR2’s are the same, the difference is the GR-2's valving which stiffens things up from a oem setting to that of the Gas-a-just units.. Best shock for the $/best price typically found at Performance Suspension Technologies (PST) and typically about 1/3 less than Bilstein.
4) Gabriel- A very nice good quality HD OEM replacement type unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts