TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys anyone into RC cars? im looking for something of the high end ones. ones going like 40mph or something like that. i know nothing about them nor do i know the big names of them....anyone help me out?

im looking for a truck, either gas or battery. what ones are cheaper? cheaper to maintain?

i would figure a battery cuz u dont have to get gas....

can anyone point me to some brand names of some good ones? used ones? i dont want to play like $300. just want something to play with.

Dean

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any models to look into?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Definatly Traxxas, those were my first ones, I started with an Electric Stampede. Very sturdy little truck, and the first time you open it up even w/ the stock motor/ESC combo, its definatly a WOW. Thats a 2WD monster truck (not to big though).

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
I love the Nitro power over electric tho.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
RadioShack now offers a platform very similar to Associated RC-18T
20-25 mph out of the box. Fun, but you gotta love working on it as much as driving it though. I have a list of parts I've already had to replace. Aluminum upgrades are available.

www.propulse.com

I think it's a good starter RC if you're looking for an electric car.

Jim

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you are still looking go to tower hobbies web site and search of evader.
It is a stadium truck made by Duratrax. You can go either way electric or nitro $170 or $250 respectively. (even buggy, but I like the ground clearance of the stadium trucks)

I have 2 nitro, and 2 electric trucks in pieces in my basement, I haven't had time to mess with them in some time. The electrics are evaders, I suggest buying new from tower because my wife actually had my parents dog attack hers and it messed up the transmission, had I not bought it new on ebay I could have had it fixed under warranty. Now it just sits in the box because I really don't have the time right now.

I lean towards Duratrax because of their warranty, they give you a year on specific parts that are usually broken if you don't land a jump right ect...

When I first bought my nitro truck I broke something every time I went out for the first 6 months or so after landing a jump wrong or running into the tire of a parked car :D , curb, or even my brother (but only once, promise) :rolleyes:

So you may want to take extra suspension parts into consideration, now I have a rolling tool box full of extra parts just in case. (shipping is also a deal breaker when you are buying $2 parts online one at a time)

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Having flown R/C planes for several years I can tell you the cost of the initial setup is nothing compared to what you'll spend on parts and news stuff and more toys over the next couple of years... lol

Have fun with whatever you buy. Fully expect to wreck it and replace a part or two every time you go out and take it on the chin with a smile. It's just the cost of having fun. Don't let breaking stuff take the fun out of it for you.

·
Registered
958 Posts
i want a remote control mn12....... anybody ever see one around, that would be awsome.

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
mybird_91 said:
i want a remote control mn12....... anybody ever see one around, that would be awsome.
i had one back in like '93. stupid cord attached to it making me walk behind it

·
Registered
958 Posts
redneckcougarguy said:
i had one back in like '93. stupid cord attached to it making me walk behind it
a 93 like mine would be even better!!!! no friggin cord though!!!!!!

·
Registered
958 Posts
i had a 87 camaro replica rc car when i was 5............yeah i was 5 so it was disaster for the camaro.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
mybird_91 said:
a 93 like mine would be even better!!!! no friggin cord though!!!!!!
You can buy any body you want... im sure they have plenty of birds, pick the on road car you like and just buy the body separate.

I had about 12 rc cars. Buggy's, monsters, stadium trucks, mini's, on road... We are building a track right now.... we race buggys. I have a Mugen MBX5.

These are a few of my RC cars, thats also my plane, check out the boat its pretty bad. In the last 5 years I have spent over 15k on this hobby that was suppose to start little.. lol

Go under RC. Check out the 3speed Team Associated RC10-GT I converted.

www.mexicoracing.com

·
Registered
767 Posts
ive had a few traxxas' i got a losi xx cr KE off ebay before and that this was pretty damn fast with good traction and hammering the gas it'd do a wheelie and then flip over hahah my most recent one is an associated b4 (got it when i was brand new like new new)after that i ended up falling out of r/c cars but its an awesome buggy

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
Shuemacher Rascal 1/12th Nitro! it halls but..

my arsinol:

traxxas rustler
trassas t-max w/bb + tons of hop-ups
traxxas revo w/.30 drake
duratraxx warhead w/.30 drake
sheumacher rascal w/.18?
t-rex 450 se heli-copter

--

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I have a schumacher and it sucks I can't keep the screw tight that makes the wheels spin. Stupid 3 speed!!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
97qwikcat said:
I have a schumacher and it sucks I can't keep the screw tight that makes the wheels spin. Stupid 3 speed!!
I have a Shumacher Menace and a Fusion. No issues with that screw. These cars hall butt, I love them. Took out the Menace out on Sunday.

The Shumacher Rascal is a 1:16 scale.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
awdRocks said:
I have a Shumacher Menace and a Fusion. No issues with that screw. These cars hall butt, I love them. Took out the Menace out on Sunday.

The Shumacher Rascal is a 1:16 scale.
I've went threw 3 set's of hub's still coming loose, lok-tite still came loose, glue eventually broke loose again??????? oh well I'll get it fixed soon.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts