TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay so I'm doing some research about what suspension parts to buy. I am just asking about bushings not springs or anything else. I came across regular rubber, "Delrin", Poly and my last possible Solid Aluminum. Now I cant find anything on these delrin bushings, except on the guys website which doesnt really tell you much. NOw I had a buddy machine me some solid aluminum bushings for a Supra. These were great. Game me lots of stiffness. But this with a stock everything else. So by the time I would have upgraded the rest it might of been too stiff? Any body got any Ideas ?? More info on the delrin's?? IS Poly gonna be the best choice for corner cutting and daily driving ?? I also plan on welding all the body seams up so that will add some stiffness. Anybody already using any of these let me know what you think of your setup?? Do you wish it was stiffer or softer ??

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had not read that as I have a Cougar but very nice read. So is delrin a material like poly or aluminum? If it is what are its properties compared to poly? or Aluminum? Stiffer? Softer? Or there's no comparison.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I had not read that as I have a Cougar but very nice read. So is delrin a material like poly or aluminum? If it is what are its properties compared to poly? or Aluminum? Stiffer? Softer? Or there's no comparison.
Delrin is a solid material, harder than Poly, but a little more forgiving than solid aluminum. It's also imune to corrosion, unlike aluminum.

·
Banned
613 Posts
it also stated they are used for racing & off road use only

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
on mine

Hello

I am putting those bushings on my car.

OK it's a race car, LOL

:D

New factory bushings are better than old stock bushings.
But the Delrin seem to be best.

:headbang:

·
Banned
613 Posts
Every aftermarket performance part has that disclaimer. Doesn't mean it wont work.
Everyone? That's probably the 2 nd time I've seen it. I have many aftermarket parts on my car and it's not a race car.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
it also stated they are used for racing & off road use only
That disclaimer is SOLELY FOR LIABILITY. That way, if you get in an accident and the suspension is to blame, the company has legal ammunition to defend it's products. Welcome to the 21st century, nobody wants to take responsibility because it's expensive.

Just throwing out more of my philosophy and FACTS out there for anybody who cares...lol :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put Delrin on an 81 Trans-Am and it did make a world of difference. It handled great but you could feel every grain of sand on the road in your gut.:xpp: Do not know about poly.

·
Banned
613 Posts
That disclaimer is SOLELY FOR LIABILITY. That way, if you get in an accident and the suspension is to blame, the company has legal ammunition to defend it's products. Welcome to the 21st century, nobody wants to take responsibility because it's expensive.

Just throwing out more of my philosophy and FACTS out there for anybody who cares...lol :cool:
i care ..... :( lol

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
i care ..... :( lol
Thank you. I do too, but now that I read what I wrote, it's actually not that clear. The company just needs a disclaimer to deny any responsibility, so they can hold the position that you installed and ran their product on the road which they clearly stated is not intended.

Reminds me of one of the wood stoves we had in our house where I grew up that had stamped in the cast iron "HOT WHEN IN USE". What kind of moron can't tell that? Again, it's liability, you get 3rd degree burns, company says, "Our product clearly states in English that this product is hot when in use, so we are not liable for any damages incurred due to mis-use."

·
Banned
613 Posts
Very true...

But how about that stupid lady that sued mcdonalds and won with because she spilled hot coffee. I forgot. Did they say it was hot or not. I heard she lost it on appeal.

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
Very true...

But how about that stupid lady that sued mcdonalds and won with because she spilled hot coffee. I forgot. Did they say it was hot or not. I heard she lost it on appeal.
She still won a settlement but it was reduced on appeal from the original amount awarded by the jury.

she didnt spill the coffee. the coffee was hot enough to melt through the foam cup and burn her.
No, she spilled the coffee on herself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

Oh, and :rolleyes:

·
Registered
517 Posts
lol yeah i love it trunk money. it has gone way off topic.

and take it from the college student, putting wikipedia as a reference is a terrible idea.

·
Banned
613 Posts
Ok... How about those bushings.. Lol

what year cobra rear spring cups are compatible with a 95 sc.

·
Banned
613 Posts
Yeaaaa.... I saw the service entrance and figure I'd pop a u- turn.:tongue:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts