TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I started lining up my new 96 headerpanel last night, and I have a silly question. On the corner lamps there is a small rubber gasket that surrounds the lense assembly. When I get the corners mounted up where they meet the fender, how much of that gasket should you see?? Should it tuck up completely so the corner lense is touching the fender, or is there supposed to be a tiny bit of gasket visible- so it would be corner lamp, gasket, then fender?

I know this must sound stupid, but I'm just trying to get the gaps right so I can try and mount the front cover again tonight for the first time in a year. I've worked so hard on this I hate to get it all nice-nice again, and have 2 fatty gaps where the corner lamps go. If someone has a good close up pic of where a 96 style corner lamp and 95 fender meet up, please share.

Jay

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool. That's how it was last night after the initial fitting. I just thought it looked odd, and it's been so long since it had headlights in it I forgot how the old ones looked.

Jay

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome pic, Steve! That is exactly what I needed to see. Now, I just have to make mine look that good. I do have one question for you- is that a 95 or 96/97 style hood on your car?

Jay

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Its the stock 95 hood. The passenger side corner lamp never lined up quite right because of some damage to that area in a previous accident (by the 1st owner)

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thank you. It gives me a good guide for fitment.

Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts