TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tomorrow I plan on putting my new fender on but the old fender has a 4.6 badge on their that just uses adhesive. I would like to re-use the badge but I need some tips on removing it and then what I should use to make it stick to the new fender without damaging the paint if I ever take it off.
TIA

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
use fishing line or piano wire to remove. then clean all the junk off the back side. to put it on, use some double sided foam tape. the foam is important. Most any auto body supply store should have some.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
big flathead screwdriver, jam it behind the emblem, youll probably take some paint off but thats ok just repaint it later. to reattach it grab som bubble yum and chew it up good, the cherry stuff is the best, when its good and soft spit it out and spread it on the new fender and your good to go.

fishing line to remove it.

3m foam tape, the grey stuff to reattach it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
"big flathead screwdriver, jam it behind the emblem, youll probably take some paint off but thats ok just repaint it later. to reattach it grab som bubble yum and chew it up good, the cherry stuff is the best, when its good and soft spit it out and spread it on the new fender and your good to go."

I Did this. works the best if you keep the car under 20mph for the first week or you will have to reatatch them from time to time :gapteeth: Now that is funny. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts