TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to redo the susupension on my car, seems like billsteins and the st lowering shocks are the popular choice. For around 600 what would be my best setup for the car. And what do i have to do to revalve the shocks, can i do this myself? do i take it to a shop. If i go to a shop how expensive is it. I would like to drop the car 1.5 inches. Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Yeah,

It does blow that Bilstein decided to be a bunch of douche bags. Anyway, I had just Eibachs installed for 140$. I went to a shop and they quoted me 650:rolleyes: I found a guy through corral.net with a shop, i threw him the cash and it was done in 3 hours. The rears are really easy, mn12performance.com has a really good write up on it. For shocks, im going with Konis now. Yes they are more expensive, but sometimes, to do it right, you gotta drop the dead presidents. My front inserts arrived today and im going to be getting the rear shocks in a few weeks. If you have the time and another vehicle for a little while, you could swap out the rear components, take out the OE shock/spring assy, take what needs to be swapped to a local shop, most Goodyear places can work with Hi Perf suspensions components because the 'Vette has OE Eagles...a local shop told me 20$ each to change the shock/spring assy if i take it to them.

joseph

1 - 3 of 3 Posts