TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hear this annoying clunk over bumps. at first i thought it was the exhaust but the exhaust looks fine. i replaced the upper ball joints myself and i still hear it. if i rock the car from side to side i hear it. it sounds like its coming from under the engine. but i cant tell. the whole car vibates under our feet when i hit a bump. i am ready to go nuts with it. if you have any idea what it could be please tell me. what can make this sound.

Alan

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
have you checked the front swaybar endlinks? if they are a little worn they do tend to make a clunking sound going over bumps and uneven patches of road, mine was pretty bad, it would make the sound just by bouncing it up and down, lol. hth......later'z........:D

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
endlinks in the rear are the most common. Mine went out once then were replaced incorrectly only to go out 2 months later

MAKE SURE they tighten the enlinks while there is a load on them otherwise they will be overtightened.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about the rubber on top of the strut? someone told me that could be it. that the rubber wore out betweed the strut and the uni body. could that be it

Alan

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'd do the end links first and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts