TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can anyone find out how many miles the ford 4.0L will run till. B/c i found a 94 ranger with the that motor in it and it has 189,000 miles and was woundering how much longer it will last.

·
Registered
850 Posts
lol engines don't have a specific times when they just stop running, it depends on if they have been taking care of and how they have been driven. My friend has a 95 ranger 6 cyl with around 250k and still running strong.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so what ur saying that i would be better off with something else, like with 100,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Aaron K. said:
A CT2004 is a vehicle only a BAMF can drive...cause its BA.
only if it has 50inch rims made out of foil and ornaments with jolly rancher dispenser.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have 163,000 miles on my 2000 Ranger with a 4.0.I bought it new and I have used Mobil 1 synthetic oil since 1,000 miles.It doesn't burn or leak any oil.It shows no sign of letting up anytime soon.Of coarse now that I said something it will blow up tomorrow!I know that the older 4.0s had a problem with the heads cracking and also head gasket problems.I would say that I would be leary of buying a high mileage 4.0 unless I knew for a fact that it was well taken care of.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts