TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
probabaly not. i know the 4.6's had one that was on top near the aluminum corss over which there was a whole discussion on if it was safe or not to remove you might take a look over there and see if that helps any

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do know that MaddMartigan ran without one in his 347. I don't know if he still does though, so I was hoping that others might have more knowledge. Thanks for the info on the 4.6 section, I'll check that out.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
LOL, I know I always forget about that bloody thing and try to take the Alt off.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
LOL, I know I always forget about that bloody thing and try to take the Alt off.
hell you could lose .001 of your quater mile times in just weight savings!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hell you could lose .001 of your quater mile times in just weight savings!
Actually, I have some dressup ignition wire looms from Summit, but the bracket is in the way. If it is fine to run without it, then I'll pull it. If its not, I'll figure something else out.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
i've run as well as many others with 4.6's with out the stupid top bracket on the alternator. personally i've had mine off for a year or so now.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Well next time I try and pull it with that bloody bracket on and remember its still there in the parts bin it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts