TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to remove the clips from the bottom of the rear bumper? do they just pop out? thanx.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
I think you're referring to the push pins, and I don't believe they're re-usable. You have to use pliers to pull the center pin out and from there you should be able to pull the whole piece out. One of the ford dealerships around here has reusable push pins... it uses a screw in the center instead of a push pin. If the push pins are too tough to pull you might try washing the dirt off. If that doesn't work try cutting the backside (upper inserted portion) of the pushpins off.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Those screw things suck worse than the regular ones. I've had my regular ones on and off quite a few times and they all still work fine. The screw ones on the other hand came off a car and onto mine and half of them wouldn't work, no matter how many times you turned the screw or pushed on it while turning it.

As for getting them off, when taking the passenger wheel-well splash guard off for the umpteenth time one of those screw pins attached through it thanks to the SC GFX. After 30 minutes of tugging and cutting I finally busted that thing loose. It refused to screw out. It would turn freely but would not back off at all.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just ended up cutting them all off. i'm just gonna use normal push pins when i put it back on.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
What I use are the pliers with the snippers on them too and hook the snippers past the round part of the pin, they slide right out for me that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts