TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing the sand out from under my car (drove on the beach what a mess) and I noticed that there are some rubber bushings that are split and grease was oozing out on both sides on the rear lower control arm. It is a little arm about 10 inches long that is running next to the main rear lower control arm.
I cleaned the dirt (and sand) out and put some fresh grease on the busted rubber bushings. I hope this problem is not a similar problem like that occurs on the front upper A arm. It looks like major work to replace these bushings. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would recommend to all readers to get under your car and check this problem out and BTW, it is not easy to find. I hope this problem is not as potentially dangerous as when the front A arm bushings crack allowing dirt and water to enter, then the ball joint failing and finally the wheel comming off. Maybe my car is the only one with this problem.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I take it your talking about the rear sway bar bushings those are an easy replacement and i believe if they do happen to brake it wouldnt cause you to loose control just a wavey back end

1 - 3 of 3 Posts