TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of ordering new rear endlinks from Rock Auto and I've done a search for endlinks here but couldn't find any information relative to the installation of them. Is there any installation tips I should know about before installing them? I'm sort of concerned about the upper part of the link and how easy or difficult it is. I did new bushings in the lower part and I now realize the uppers need replacing, too. :mad:
Sideoiler

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong but doesnt a new set of OEM links come with all new bushings. I should know this since i had to put a new one on in my lowering project but that was a couple months ago. I'm almost possotive it comes with all new bushings

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you're correct. However, I just replaced the lower "bushings", not the end links themselves. Now, wiser that I am, I realize I should have replaced the complete endlink.
Mattscoug94 said:
Correct me if i'm wrong but doesnt a new set of OEM links come with all new bushings. I should know this since i had to put a new one on in my lowering project but that was a couple months ago. I'm almost possotive it comes with all new bushings

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
The end links you are talking about, will they be the OEM style jointed ones or the more classic bolt style? If it is the OEM style, there is nothing to mounting the upper part, if it just bolted up to the bar and it has the joint there for flexibility. I don't see what the issue would be in this case. If they are the bolt style, the upper and lower mounting are the same only with a nut on the outside instead of the head of the bolt.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Sideoiler said:
I'm thinking of ordering new rear endlinks from Rock Auto and I've done a search for endlinks here but couldn't find any information relative to the installation of them. Is there any installation tips I should know about before installing them? I'm sort of concerned about the upper part of the link and how easy or difficult it is. I did new bushings in the lower part and I now realize the uppers need replacing, too. :mad:
The end links were easy to replace on the rear. Just need a torque wrench. Upper link nut is torqued to 35-47 ft lbs. Bottom nut is 8-10 ft lbs.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Al! You always come through! Just the information I was looking for. Thanks again.
Sideoiler
QUOTE]Originally posted by Al_Florida
The end links were easy to replace on the rear. Just need a torque wrench. Upper link nut is torqued to 35-47 ft lbs. Bottom nut is 8-10 ft lbs. [/QUOTE

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Sideoiler said:
Al! You always come through! Just the information I was looking for. Thanks again.
No problem at all. When I did mine, I read the bottom nut torque wrong and was trying to torque mine to 40 ft lbs. Needless to say I bent the bottom end of the end links.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts