TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get my rear end rebuild sometime soon to 4.10's and t-lock. Currently I have a open 3.27. Can someone please list all the parts I would need to do this. I will probably ask Teeps to do this but I just want to collect the parts as cheap as possible (college student).
thanks

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
i would buy a used trac lok pumpkin and rebuild it. you will need a master rebuild kit, trac lok rebuild kit, speedo gear, gear oil, and rtv for a cover gasket. i think i may have left something out, but thats the majority of what you need.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I checked around, and found that for what Teeps charges, and what he get his parts for, I would have him build me another rear end. I do not want to go into this season half steeping, so doing a full Detroit Locker with 4.30 gears. I have built a few rear ends, but it was a long time ago, so I decided to leave that part to a expert. :)

Pulling a rear end with traction lock from a yard, and having him rebuild as needed may be ur cheapest route. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Don't forget you can use Mustang Trac-lok units, as long as they're 28 spline. These are much easier to find than the IRS carriers. The only downside is that you'll either have to buy new side gears and have the carrier machined, or live with not being able to easily remove your halfshafts.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i will have a used case with trac lock soon.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
SloMo228 said:
Don't forget you can use Mustang Trac-lok units, as long as they're 28 spline. These are much easier to find than the IRS carriers. The only downside is that you'll either have to buy new side gears and have the carrier machined, or live with not being able to easily remove your halfshafts.
It is the side gears that need to be machined.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i am not sure , i have to make sure it isnt spoken for as well . i will let you know though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts