TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

· Super Moderator
9,309 Posts
Mythbusters busted that tissue box death story years ago. As with all these myths, it is always “I heard from someone who knew someone who was there”. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that never happened. Either you’re BSing is, or your friend was BSing you, or his friend was BSing him, but nobody ever died from being hit by a tissue box.

· Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Mythbusters busted that tissue box death story years ago.
I really don't know. I mean if it was one of those decorative metal sleeves that go over the tissue box, maybe that would do it.

But to repeat, these headrests are completely safe. I even used the plastic inner body now, which doesn't have any sharp edges.
They aren't head restraints as they're just tied down with rubber bungees, but they're great to lean back and be comfortable.

· Registered
96 | 4.6
163 Posts
Love what you're doing. I can't describe the styling yet, which I like. MN12 makes for a nice canvas. Do you have more interior plans? If not, it'd be nice for a overall image or tour video

Heck, all of us should make some tour videos. No spoken commentary.

· Registered
165 Posts
Mythbusters busted that tissue box death story years ago. As with all these myths, it is always “I heard from someone who knew someone who was there”. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that never happened. Either you’re BSing is, or your friend was BSing you, or his friend was BSing him, but nobody ever died from being hit by a tissue box.
Friend was safety engineer/investigator for the Air Force.
He was there. His team was there. That was their finding.
Mythbusters weren't there. You weren't there.
Consider things like that before you go off being unprofessional and calling people liars because of a TV show.

· Registered
165 Posts

· Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
23,912 Posts
Friend was safety engineer/investigator for the Air Force.
He was there. His team was there. That was their finding.
Mythbusters weren't there. You weren't there.
Consider things like that before you go off being unprofessional and calling people liars because of a TV show.
Physics is calling him a liar

· Registered
165 Posts
Physics is calling him a liar
Incorrect. Mikey claimed he was lying based on a TV show, not physics.
All I related was a story from a friend who was a professional military safety investigator in that field.
Take it for what you want or ignore it, but don't claim people were lying because of a TV show.
I'm done discussing this.

· Administrator
23,912 Posts
Incorrect. Mikey claimed he was lying based on a TV show, not physics.
All I related was a story from a friend who was a professional military safety investigator in that field.
Take it for what you want or ignore it, but don't claim people were lying because of a TV show.
I'm done discussing this.
The Kleenex box killing someone in a car from a crash was a well known enough urban legend that a TV show picked up on it to try it. I forgot the show even covered that, physics makes me doubt it because of reasons I already mentioned - you can hit somebody on the head with a Kleenix box at the speed a vehicle travels, there's a reason people use bottles instead of Kleenex in a bar fight.

Since he was an investigator for the Air force did he know the guy who strapped a JATO to the roof of their Impala too?;)

· Super Moderator
9,309 Posts
I claimed someone was lying based on the laws of physics, which were demonstrated succinctly by a TV show. People get hit by baseballs thrown at 90mph and get back up to bat. A tissue box is way less mass and way less hard than a baseball, and if he crashed into a parked car doing 90mph+ in an old Italian sports car, he certainly wouldn’t have “no injuries” as your story claims. Everything about that story screams urban legend, and with the slightest bit of thought, it all falls apart. The story is BS. It never happened. It can’t happen. I don’t know whether you or your friend is the one that made it up, but it is definitely not true.

· The Parts Guy
9,466 Posts
Again, '50-'60's car tissue dispensers were steel. They weren't light either.

· SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX Missing 4.6 MIssing Trans Red
4,732 Posts

· Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I like the stitching. Looks like you're developing your skillset.
Actually the stitching on the headrests is sort of fake...
There are two lines of black stitching there already. All I did was to take the beige/green threads and feed them through every loop of the existing black thread, pull tight, secure on both ends, et voilà: the illusion of a stitch.
But in reality, the beige/green threads do not go through the leather at all.

· SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX Missing 4.6 MIssing Trans Red
4,732 Posts
Actually the stitching on the headrests is sort of fake...
There are two lines of black stitching there already. All I did was to take the beige/green threads and feed them through every loop of the existing black thread, pull tight, secure on both ends, et voilà: the illusion of a stitch.
But in reality, the beige/green threads do not go through the leather at all.
View attachment 52076
Look, you still took the time to do that and make it look nice. The stitching looks nice and consistant. Even if that part is cosmetic, I think you've done more than most of us can.

· Administrator
23,912 Posts
They make a good sofa also....
View attachment 52248
Any pics of how you set that up? I wanted to do that to the red SC rear seat I had to match the fronts I made into chairs

Non fold down SC rear seatbacks are actually the same as 94-97 Cougar seatbacks with integrated headrests, one of the few standard upgrades you got with the Mercury premium

21 - 40 of 46 Posts