TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I'm working through my 95 T-bird and some point the lights have been converted to UK spec.... eg the reverse lights have been changed to indicators etc.....
Can someone send me a wiring diagram for the rear lights and possibly a video of the right light sequence (sides, tail and flasher ) ?

Thanks (hopefully)

·
Super Moderator
4,940 Posts
Can anyone send me a video clip of the light sequence ??

Thanks
What light sequence?

Trunk lights are tail light only; outer is all that blinks.

And of course the center high mount stop light (CHMSL) lights up on brakes.

So it's off, outside and CHMSL lit for brake, CHMSL and non-flashing for brake with the flashing side for turn signal; turn on parking or head lights, center and both outside light up as tail lights, and the outer and CHMSL do just as if you didn't have the parking/head lights on, save the "off" is back to the parking lights. Center stays the same.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
10,660 Posts
Maybe this is what you're looking for:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fTJfm64Qmx4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:)

·
Super Moderator
4,940 Posts
Maybe this is what you're looking for:
:)
It might be; but the factory lights don't do that on the MN12s.

Shucks, the Cougar reflectors don't light up at all!

RwP

·
Super Moderator
10,660 Posts
I'm working on making the spare tbird set I've got do that. :)

I was being funny, with the sequence part from above.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the tail lights are working but, i can't figure out why they are not flashing when on turns or hazards. Anyone offer some advice ??

·
Super Moderator
10,660 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, i know the flasher relay........ the relay is working as the fronts are working.
Basically I've traced the loom into the trunk where it goes into the multi plug. I have checked the earth also in that area.
There is no power going to the bulb holders. So I ask is there any fuse links on route that good have gone ? If both the manuals made for the Tbird had the correct sodding diagrams i would trace the loom entirely..

·
Super Moderator
10,660 Posts
At this point, I'd pull out the MFS and check the wires there.

Brakes and lights go thru it, and it can kill them selectively.

·
Super Moderator
4,940 Posts
\If both the manuals made for the Tbird had the correct sodding diagrams i would trace the loom entirely..
If by "both the manuals" you mean the Chilton's and the Haynes ... no, they don't.

What you NEED to tackle this is the Electrical Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual - the EVTM - from Ford; reprinted by Helm Inc.

For a 1995 - Let me see if I have the PDFs on my machine.

Check the attached PDFs; they're the Ford official wiring diagrams for a 1994 MN12 (TBird or Cougar). They are numbered with the page numbers; but they ARE the official wiring diagrams.

Edit: Also, check the wiring looms down the driver's side. I had a yellow wire burn out (!!!!) on my 1991; seems like it's a common failure on these.

RwP

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you both. Ive took the steering column shrouds off and found 4 wires cut and scotch blocks on several others... soldering iron out tomorrow, put all the wires back to how they should be and see what happens.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts