TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. I have a set of 4 lug '93 Cobra wheels, and I have got to get these things shipped within the next week or two and have them rehubbed, drilled and balanced for the 5 on 4 1/2" lug pattern. I am needing to get the car's bolt pattern changes while they are in the shop. I am not going to find a 1999 Cobra in enough time to get the parts I need. Isn't it just the hub, seals, and brake rotors to change the rear bolt pattern on the MN12 to the SN95?

Main question...

Can anyone supply me with the exact Ford part numbers for all the items needed for the rear lug pattern conversion?

Please help,

~Mercy

[email protected]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Mercy, Do a search for DLF article on this conversion including info on cobra brake upgrade. Basically you can redrill the rear hubs to the 5X4.5 pattern and also redrill the rotors the same. Depending what your machine shop charges you may be better off buying 99 SVT cobra rear hubs (part #XR3Z-1109-AA). They are a direct fit on mn-12 but are pricey around $100.00 each. On the front you'll need mustang hubs which are also a direct fit (part #F6ZZ-1104-AA) and also redrill your rotors. John

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looking up prices, the rear hubs are any where from $220 to $300. Prices listed on the link above from 2005 are around $75. Anyone still find the $75 price? FRPP sells the Cobra rear hub for around $120-140.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i've never seen $75, did mine 3 years ago. if you are intending to rn weld wheels take the opportunity to drill the stud holes out and press in extra long arp studs.

David

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
rotors

Hello

99 up Mustang hub & rotors will work with stock front 93up calipers(also pbr's)
Not with sport brakes.

In the rear. You can use the Mustang cobra hubs only if you go with the larger Cobra rotors. (fasted makes adapters for stock rear calipers)

If you want to stay with the stock rear calipers. You can do what I did.
Send a set of rear hubs to steward to get redrilled.(irsmachining.com)
I redrilled my rotors.

The Cobra hubs have larger centers. (T-bird centers are smaller than the cobra's so rotors won't fit.)

:cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello

Not with sport brakes.

In the rear. You can use the Mustang cobra hubs only if you go with the larger Cobra rotors. (fasted makes adapters for stock rear calipers)

I redrilled my rotors.

The Cobra hubs have larger centers. (T-bird centers are smaller than the cobra's so rotors won't fit.)

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Do you have a link for fasted? Google was lost on that one. When you say adapter for the stock caliper, you mean you use the Cobra rotor and stock Thunderbird (mark viii) caliper?

Thanks

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
16,984 Posts
Hello

Not with sport brakes.

I redrilled my rotors.

Most machine shops that can redrill rotors can enlarge the hub bore as well if you give them the specs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts