TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeh so when we pulled the motor to do the heads, I replaced the rear main (which was not leaking at the time mind you) at the advice of Jim. Over the last 2 months my car has been leaking oil. Sometimes its just a drop a night, some days its a large puddle 6" diameter). Sometimes nothing even shows up on the driveway. In any case, I pulled the inspection plate tonight and I am about 99% sure it is the rear main that is leaking. There is oil in the bell housing, and there is oil on the back of the oil pan.

Has anyone tried some bars leaks rear main sealer, or anytihng like it? i know it is usually a get-me-by til I can replace the seal, but I need a solution. I run 5w20 semi synth motorcraft, and this past oil change I put in a bottle of lucas oil stabilizer to try and swell the seal. Any ideas???

How hard would it be to replace the rear main with the trans out? I am thinking I have a torque converter problem, and I think dropping the trans would be easier than pulling the motor. Any ideas?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep... Jim seems to think they might have been pushed in too far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts