TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my rear reflectors with new led strips and like the afterburner effect. Pics taken at dusk and dawn

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next up is new headlights with 6000k HID's and led bulbs for the fog lamps. Also replacing the header panel if I can find the darned thing.

·
Super Moderator
5,131 Posts
Header panels can be bought new many places, including RockAuto.

Are you using projectors? Because if you're not, HIDs are a VERY bad idea. HIRs are much better.

RwP

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Good job!

I would have to see them in person to actually be able to see how bright they really are..I'm sure pictures don't do them justice..

What mufflers are you running..Those look nice.. :)

Rayo..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good job!

I would have to see them in person to actually be able to see how bright they really are..I'm sure pictures don't do them justice..

What mufflers are you running..Those look nice.. :)

Rayo..
The reflectors are not overly bright, and your right pictures don't do it justice. When the brake lights come on at the corner lamps their actually brighter but reflectors are just right with not too much intensity.
The led strip is 3m attached facing up like the factory ones. The police here are quota whores and love stoping motorist for faulty equipment, including overly bright tail & head lights.
Mufflers are Dynomax super turbos offset offset 2.25"

Header panels can be bought new many places, including RockAuto.

Are you using projectors? Because if you're not, HIDs are a VERY bad idea. HIRs are much better.

RwP
RA doesn't carry them anymore. And why are HID's a bad idea?

Got it, just read the article on HID's on halogen lamps. Here in south florida the fuzz are pretty strict on motorist that don't know the laws pertaining to their vehicles safety equipment. Well halogens then lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,131 Posts
Since your car uses the 9005/9006 pair, you can also use HIRs on clear (as in not smoky or yellowed, not as in no-facets!) lenses ... http://hirheadlights.com/ *NOTE! After reading, do a search on Ebay or Amazon for the 9011/9012 bulbs!*

RwP

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah there isn't really any option for those headlights that would't take a bunch of work. Good condition lenses with the aforementioned HIRs is really the easiest and simplest thing. You could even go one step further and run relay harnesses for them as well. Keep in mind when searching for HIRs that Philips are the only true manufacturer of them at the moment so make sure they are in a genuine Philips container with proper markings on the bulbs. Toshiba was the originator of the technology but has since ended production.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah there isn't really any option for those headlights that would't take a bunch of work. Good condition lenses with the aforementioned HIRs is really the easiest and simplest thing. You could even go one step further and run relay harnesses for them as well. Keep in mind when searching for HIRs that Philips are the only true manufacturer of them at the moment so make sure they are in a genuine Philips container with proper markings on the bulbs. Toshiba was the originator of the technology but has since ended production.
Yea the relay harness I know to be a must on the early models like mine. I'm going to look into the hir's thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts