TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a set of 89 SC seats and there's no slots in the seat for the buckles to come through. The cloth LX seats were slit so the buckles could essentially mount from the bottom of the seat...I forgot how the SC buckles were mounted when I took them the rear seat out.

How and where did you guys move the seatbelts?

I noticed that directly above the bolts that the buckles were mounted on, there was another bolt, did you move the seatbelts there?

Also, is it absolutely necessary to have the L brace behind the seat?

Thanks.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
They go between the seats horizontally instead of through the slit vertically.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks.

I'll just move them to that different bolt. Just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
_95badbird said:
Yes!

Leave the "V" brace there.
The V brace defeats the purpose of wanting the rear seat...to fold down. I need to find an L brace I guess.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
gotcha....but, for the sake of the car, its best to have some kind of brace....I didn't know there was an L brace....I'm assuming its different than the V brace?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
_95badbird said:
gotcha....but, for the sake of the car, its best to have some kind of brace....I didn't know there was an L brace....I'm assuming its different than the V brace?
I'm pretty sure all SCs that had the fold down seat had an L shaped brace that basically went along the the frame to the bottom middle of the seat so you could put stuff through the fold down area without hitting the brace.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
conversion02 said:
I'm pretty sure all SCs that had the fold down seat had an L shaped brace that basically went along the the frame to the bottom middle of the seat so you could put stuff through the fold down area without hitting the brace.

Yes, they did.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
I just swapped non-fold downs w/ v-brace to fold downs w/ L-braces. Easy swap

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nobody every rides in the back seat of my car (except maybe the nieces or nephew)...but I usually buckle them in.

I don't think I'll need to get the "proper" buckles, moving them should work just fine.

Just wish I could put these in, it's too damn cold out to do anything.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thread resurrection!

Did anyone else have a gap between the bottom seat and the seat back? On the driver's side, I've got over a 1/2 inch gap near the corner...don't really know why. The passenger side of the seat doesn't have any real gap to it.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Make sure that the little tabs on top of the seat back are properly seated into the slots (this is sort of like on the package tray) if not, there might be a gap....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts