TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving around today and I noticed a little bit of smoke in my rearview, so I pulled over and saw my rear seal leaking fluid. What could have caused this? The tranny still shifted good(I had to drive it about 45 mins after I detected it). I have parked it till Monday when my mechanic can check it out. I think I want to go ahead and have a cooler added. what is the best size(gvw) and brand for our cars? Are they hard to install? I will refill the trans and tc w/MerconV.

note: I have had the j-mod in my tranny for about 4 yrs. and also i am running the j-chip.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Is this the seal at the tailshaft? Where the DS slides in?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the leak is where the engine meets the tranny. It's probably the rear seal of the engine, but it is trans fluid.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Sounds like the front pump seal. Kinda a PITA to replace, if you have the means, now would be the time for an upgraded tranny.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Upgraded how? It has been upgraded 2x before. Elaborate on the upgrade please.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Sounds like the TC seal either wasn't replaced when the trans was rebuilt, or the TC wasn't slid in very carefully. It's a day job for a mechanic, or a looong saturday at home. The seal itself costs $8.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately it is more than a seal. The trans needs new pump, and tc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts