TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got bored at work today. so i made a rear shock tower brace for the cougar. i only had to spend the $2.50 on some hardware to bolt it up. I put it in after work and i love it. it made a decent improvement in the stiffness of the rear end. i like it.:D

·
Registered
799 Posts
got any pics??

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yeah pics would be awesome!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok here are some pix. i still need to trim the carpet to make it look a little better. but i got in a car accident yesterday so i really dont feel like climbing in there today to make it look better.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
ok here are some pix. i still need to trim the carpet to make it look a little better. but i got in a car accident yesterday so i really dont feel like climbing in there today to make it look better.

Looks good! Sorry to hear about your accident. Are you and your vehicle ok?

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,814 Posts
Hope all is well, If you make anymore let us know .My Bird could use one :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good! Sorry to hear about your accident. Are you and your vehicle ok?
yeah my neck is killin me. they took me and the other person in the car with me to the hospital. the car that we were in was totaled. check out this thread. it has all the pix of the car that we wrecked.

·
Registered
875 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah its pretty easy. i just used 2''x2'' angle iron (might be able to go up to 2.5''). then i just had to cut some 1''x2'' tube (39.25"). honestly, the hardest part was drilling the holes. u need a really short drill. other than that, its pretty straight forward

·
Registered
51 Posts
Doesn't somebody around here make and sell these for around $50?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i think its $60. i saw that picture that he had and realized how simple it was so i just made my own

1 - 15 of 15 Posts