TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was contacted about them earlier this year.....I built and sold six. If you have an interest, let me know...........$60. shipped to your door including zinc plated bolts. I can offer them in bare metal, in primer or painted. Thanks - e-mail is [email protected]

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Reactions: Wile E. Coyote Jr.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was contacted about them earlier this year.....I built and sold six. If you have an interest, let me know...........$60. shipped to your door including Grade Eight bolts. I can offer them in bare metal, in primer or painted. Thanks - e-mail is [email protected]
Hi, thanks for posting.
I made a drawing of my idea for one of these as well as one for the front.

My drawing looks remarkably just like these you made.

Can I PM you or you PM me about these.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, thanks for posting.
I made a drawing of my idea for one of these as well as one for the front.

My drawing looks remarkably just like these you made.

Can I PM you or you PM me about these.
Yes..I also made a straight front strut brace..........but I had a cowl/fiberglass hood on my 94' SC for extra [email protected]

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok.........the shipment of fasteners arrived today.......ready to rock n roll......will have everything set up and begin building..................THANKS. anyone else interested?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is it possible to see a pic of them installed? Love the red color.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it possible to see a pic of them installed? Love the red color.
I don't have a current pic of one installed..........it's easy to install........line it up.mark the mounting holes.......drill them and use the fasteners I include. I can leave them in bare metal, in primer or a color of your choice.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have pics of the front strut brace?
My front strut brace was a straight piece.....however.I had a 4" cowl fiberglass hood allowing me extra room. I built front braces on a case by case basis due to engine combinations/etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You got a picture of yours?? I was debating graving a cowl hood just to run a strut bar up front. Did it make a difference in handling?? I’ve heard people say yes and no pretty confusing haha

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You got a picture of yours?? I was debating graving a cowl hood just to run a strut bar up front. Did it make a difference in handling?? I’ve heard people say yes and no pretty confusing haha
I used to drive my 92' and 94' SC on road courses................it felt better, less flex/noise, I believe it made a difference.

Attachments

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bet it does, there’s a reason all the manufacturers start making them stock on new cars. You minding posting a pick of your brace?? And your hood is from SCP right? I need that brace in my life

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got the hood used....was told it was a Fiber concepts hood......the brace went along with the 94' SC when I sold it.................it's in wisconsin now.............the brace was two end brackets built from 2" x 2" x 1/4" angle stgeel and 3/4" I.D. rod stock. I used four 3/8" countersunk allen heads and back up plates to added strength.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That sounds like a killer setup, would of loved to see a picture of the actual brace! Thanks for the tip man I see it’s mandatory to have a cowl hood for this application

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes....the extra clearance is a gift...I found my original ends pieces and back up plates I used as my set/templates.............could weld you up one..........I think ( not sure) the length of the rod portion was 38" overall would be about 42" end to end. measure the cowl area under the hood..........I would need the overall width where the cowl begins to rise over the flat surface. I also built a hood prop rod with a spherical end on it. I would never use the gas strut rods on a glass hood.......too much stress and can crack it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
if you could that would be great. I don’t have a cowl hood at the moment, but if you could weld up the ends I’d gladly buy em off you and build the bar later when I get a cowl hood.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts